1st Time RC cruiser- Port Liberty

chrisd596

After cruising on the Disney ships for 7 times, we've decided to try RC out of Port Liberty.

We will be on Anthem of the Seas for the 5 night Canada cruise.

Since we have no experience on RC, I have many questions. But I'll start with just a few:

1. We live in NJ and it's easy to get to P Liberty. They have parking at the Port and say no reservations are needed. (I don't think they even take reservations)   Is that true, none are needed.

2. Also, I've tried to reserve some of the entertainment activities on the ship and even called RC directly. The rep said it looks like you will need to visit Guest Services onboard to book the reservations.  I really don't want to do that. I want to plan this ahead of time. But the rep mentioned that it doesn't look like they are taking reservations online for this cruise??? She mentioned to wait until the 120 day mark, or even the 90 days mark to see if it opens up. However she didn't sound very positive about this. 

I really don't want to stand inline, for something that should be able to be done way before we go on the cruise.

3. What shows would u suggest I book as soon as possible.

4. We're excited about this cruise because of leaving close to home and also the ports.... Bar Harbor and Halifax.

****Any thing you can mentioned about the ports or even the ship Anthem, any tips as well, would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Chris

Some great tips.

On the Anthem, I see it has a jogging trail on one of the top decks, is there another trail sort of covered in one of the lower decks, in case the weather is windy or rainy. 

(The Disney ships have a waling/jogging trail on deck 4 underneath the safety boats. It's pretty covered and goes sort of inside at the front and rear end of the ship.)

I was wondering if the Anthem might have the same type of thing.

Thanks again.

Chris

We're sailing on Anthem next month and activities and shows didn't become available for prebooking until the 90 day mark. Don't lose hope, it may work out.

If booking the shows opens on the 90 day point, when I reserve, does RC give u an exact seat number, or can you sit any where that's available??

Plus the shows: We Will Rock You, any other show you would recommend I grab right away when reservations opens up?

Thanks

Chris

You do not need a reservation to park at Cape Liberty. I posted some tips on the Bayonne port in another thread here. Welcome to RCCL!

Read your tips on parking at Cape Liberty. Very helpful, thanks.

Did you carry your parking ticket with you on the cruise, so you could pay before u entered your car on the second level?

The pay by cash tip, is great.

I'm going to check online the price of a 5 day cruise and have the cash to pay...thanks

Chris