Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Mrs. Regular

I am going on Celebrity in a couple weeks.  There are about 17 or 18 excursion options right now (For reference, only 12 or 13 in Nassau, so relatively more in Puerto Plata).  They have several that have animal experience/shows at a marine park.  There are hiking/waterfalls/jeep expeditions in various combos.  There is an excursion to boat out to a sandbar which is set up like a beach club.  There is kayaking through a manatee reserve and a few others as well.

As for the port itself, it is still a work in progress I think.

2 hours ago, Plumlee2028 said:

I am going on Celebrity in a couple weeks.  There are about 17 or 18 excursion options right now (For reference, only 12 or 13 in Nassau, so relatively more in Puerto Plata).  They have several that have animal experience/shows at a marine park.  There are hiking/waterfalls/jeep expeditions in various combos.  There is an excursion to boat out to a sandbar which is set up like a beach club.  There is kayaking through a manatee reserve and a few others as well.

As for the port itself, it is still a work in progress I think.

Thank you! Super helpful.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We are currently on vision of the seas. We did the puerto plata cultural experience today on 1/9/2023. It is a 5 hour city tour by bus. You are pretty much in view of the ship the whole time. You start at a rum factory at 9 am 😳 and visit stops at the town  square a self guided audio  tour at the fort. A visit to a museum and end with a Dominican lunch. It was very educational but 5 hours was a bit long. 
As a side note the pier walk is extremely long but they do offer free rides. The tour bus drops you off at the far end of the dock area and that is even a longer walk back through the shops to get to that long pier walk back.