Do the negative Covid tests have to be EMED?

5 hours ago, FloridaDave said:

Or can I use any?

Thanks

They also have to be the special ones from the companies Matt mentioned ……. proctored over video with a live person …… who emails you official written results ……  you can’t just take the test yourself and take a picture of the test ……..meaning you can’t go to the pharmacy and buy an “Abbott BinaxNow  Covid-19 At At-Home test kit” that they do sell there.

Sorry folks slight change of tack, we are flying to Orlando (International Drive hotel stay) from UK and will need to test again prior to embarkation on the Harmony 3rd April, Does anyone have advice on the cheapest and best place to get a test done given our location. 

Given we are not US citizens we wont be charging against Insurance hence the need for prices.  I have seen the proctored tests from RCL but these will not ship internationally to UK. Delivery to the hotel is an option but I am cautious of it being lost. We are not intending to hire a car either so drive through testing is out I guess also ....

Has anyone travelled from UK recently and what did you do please.

Any advice / direction greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, HGUK said:

Sorry folks slight change of tack, we are flying to Orlando (International Drive hotel stay) from UK and will need to test again prior to embarkation on the Harmony 3rd April, Does anyone have advice on the cheapest and best place to get a test done given our location. 

Given we are not US citizens we wont be charging against Insurance hence the need for prices.  I have seen the proctored tests from RCL but these will not ship internationally to UK. Delivery to the hotel is an option but I am cautious of it being lost. We are not intending to hire a car either so drive through testing is out I guess also ....

Hi HGUK, Hope you are well.

How long would you be in Orlando? If your UK departure and cruise embarkation is all within 48hrs, you can use the same test you need to board your UK-Orlando flight. 

Also you can purchase a video supervised AG test in the UK and take it with you. Much cheaper at under £20. 

I live in the UK and commute to the USA for work and since 2020 I have done all this testing mess 50+ times.

Hope it helps.

J from London

3 hours ago, HGUK said:

There is covid testing available at the Orlando airport and you can schedule ahead of time.  Also, while you say you won't be "hiring a car" (I  have no idea what that means since we use different terminology here, I'll assume you mean renting one for you to drive yourself), you could take an Uber or Lyft to drive you to a Walgreens or CVS to have one taken.  Or maybe that's what hiring a car means, no clue.  But those would be two options if you needed to get one done here in the states preboarding.

52 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

There is covid testing available at the Orlando airport and you can schedule ahead of time.  Also, while you say you won't be "hiring a car" (I  have no idea what that means since we use different terminology here, I'll assume you mean renting one for you to drive yourself), you could take an Uber or Lyft to drive you to a Walgreens or CVS to have one taken.  Or maybe that's what hiring a car means, no clue.  But those would be two options if you needed to get one done here in the states preboarding.

If your hotel has airport shuttle, then schedule to have it done at the airport - take the shuttle to airport and then have them pick you back up when you're finished.

7 hours ago, HGUK said:

Many thanks to all for all the information. Does anyone know the price of a test at CVS/Walgreens - Rapid Antigen Test ?

@SpeedNoodles - Hiring a car is exactly what you said, its renting, apologies for the confusion.🙂

For US patients it's no charge: they don't ask for proof of citizenship or anything but you have to register online ahead of time to pick a test time and location (Walgreens site is https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-testing.jsp  and you can register up to a week in advance, I think) but I don't know what happens if you enter a non-US based address.  Try it out and see if it works. Travel safe!

On 3/3/2022 at 8:47 AM, HGUK said:

Lots of CVS / Walgreens on International Drive in Orlando. You should be able to walk to a pharmacy for a proctered exam.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:36 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

Further answer to the OP - there is only one acceptable proctored at-home test but you can also use regular testing through a pharmacy or lab that provides full results.

This is good info, thank you because I found some online proctored tests through Quest Diagnostics as well but will disregard those.