Bahamas and sunscreen

egd207

To piggyback on this, I am having trouble finding reef safe sunscreen.  Many brands say reef friendly on the bottle but they still have those “O” ingredients that I think are the problem.  Can anyone suggest a brand that is REALLY reef friendly?

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

To piggyback on this, I am having trouble finding reef safe sunscreen.  Many grands say reef friendly on the bottle but they still have those “O” ingredients that I think are the problem.  Can anyone suggest a brand that is REALLY reef friendly?

I like this resource: https://savethereef.org/about-reef-save-sunscreen.html

2 hours ago, egd207 said:

I'm starting to pick up items for our cruise in April.  Was wondering if in Nassau Bahamas it is required to use reef safe sunscreen?  Or can I purchase regular sunscreen?

Bahamas does not currently require reef-safe sunscreen.

On 3/2/2022 at 4:12 PM, teddy said:

I use ThinkSport spf 50.  It's approved for use in Hawaii, and I see it's listed on the website KristiZ posted as "All Ocean Friendly"

It's thick and white, but it works very well in keeping my Irish skin from burning.  I get it from Amazon

ThinkSport is also my favorite! It seems to spread better/easier than some of the other safe brands.

I'll also recommend the Juice Beauty brand if anyone has sensitive skin on their face. It is expensive, so I only use it on my face, but it is the only one I've ever found that doesn't irritate my skin.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 1:40 PM, Pooch said:

To piggyback on this, I am having trouble finding reef safe sunscreen.  Many brands say reef friendly on the bottle but they still have those “O” ingredients that I think are the problem.  Can anyone suggest a brand that is REALLY reef friendly?

Copper tone Pure and Simple

Blue Lizard

google and you’ll find a lot more choices. I agree, read the labels, some are not!