Favorite ship?

We have only sailed with Celebrity, so I cant comment on any of the RCL ships. In January we will be on Freedom, and I can say we are really excited about it! We have a family panoramic room, which I cant wait to see!

That's cool! We have a promenade view on the Liberty, which is great since we expected an Inside Cabin. But the Promenade View sounds amazing. Will you even leave the cabin?

I'm leaning towards voyager class ships. They have most of the amenities that a large class has (including promenade) but has less people and the feel of a small ship. I think of them as 'medium class', with the pros of both large and small classes.

I haven't tried radiance class (will in sept) but it may be a contender aswell with it famous multiple views of the ocean.

That said the ship I'm most sentimental about is the Enchantment, she's in a class of her own after being stretched. First ship and fell in love with cruising on her.

I'm leaning towards voyager class ships. They have most of the amenities that a large class has (including promenade) but has less people and the feel of a small ship. I think of them as 'medium class', with the pros of both large and small classes.

I haven't tried radiance class (will in sept) but it may be a contender aswell with it famous multiple views of the ocean.

That said the ship I'm most sentimental about is the Enchantment, she's in a class of her own after being stretched. First ship and fell in love with cruising on her.

I haven't been on the Voyager class ships yet, but I'm agreeing with your logic.  They seem to hit a sweet spot between the Radiance and Freedom classes so much so that we're thinking of taking our nieces to Alaska next summer on the Explorer over the Radiance primarily for the points you've mentioned.

That's tough...as I have loved every ship I have been on so far.

That being said, Independence was probably my favorite ship so far in that there is so much to do and see.

I am looking forward to my cruise on Navigator as it wont be quite as big as Indy but most  of the same things offered.

Enchantment will always kinda feel like home for me as it was the 2nd ship I cruised and have been on her 4times....I really enjoyed having Marc Walker as the CD everytime on her, so it maybe a little different the next time I get back on her.

I should add my wife's opinion as she's not a cruise addict like I am even though she's been on two dozen cruises. Essentially, she thinks all ships look the same, but she was blown away with the Liberty and fell in love with the Royal Promenade. I can't wait for our Allure sailing in a couple of weeks as I think she's going to fall in love with Central Park.

I have yet to sail on a Quantum class but All thing being equal, form a ship perspective only, It is probably the Allure for me. I am sure the Harmony would surpass it as soon as I sailed on her.

The things that stand out for me are:

Wide promenade

Central Park & Boardwalk

The Solarium (except for the "pool")

The variety of free food options

The Shows.

That being said I have loved every ship I've been on and would go on them again from the Majesty, 2 Brilliance class, 3 Voyager class and the Freedom.

Let's see ----

Sovereign - Navigator - and Grandeur .....

From an emotional standpoint of being able to recharge my batteries ..... Grandeur by a mile .....

Although, I will admit, Sovereign was a lot of fun so I have been eyeing up Majesty lately ---

Nothing against Navigator ..... I love it, but for some reason, Grandeur just hit it out of the ballpark for me.

Now, coming up will be a second Grandeur, then Rhapsody, so it looks like Vision Class is going to control my world for a while.

I'm partial to the bigger ships so I love the O class.  For reasons that I cannot really express, I find Allure to be slightly more appealing than Oasis although I have never EVER had a bad experience on Oasis.

I think Harmony is going to surpass them both so I'll let you know after I get back from the Feb. Harmony cruise !  It will be my first time in Star Class so I think that experience is going to be WAAAY above anything I have experienced so far !

I'm partial to the bigger ships so I love the O class.  For reasons that I cannot really express, I find Allure to be slightly more appealing than Oasis although I have never EVER had a bad experience on Oasis.

I think Harmony is going to surpass them both so I'll let you know after I get back from the Feb. Harmony cruise !  It will be my first time in Star Class so I think that experience is going to be WAAAY above anything I have experienced so far !

I can't wait to hear about that in truth. I just reserved on another line (NCL) because I can get a ginormous haven suite for a remarkable price so I'm doing it...but it's really a sky class I am after...big ginormous ship with tons of stuff to do but always at the front of the line :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it really depends on how you like to vacation. Is food important to you? Activities onboard? Entertainment? Intimacy with the staff?

I've sailed on Oasis, Freedom, and now Anthem. I thought Anthem would be my new favorite ship, but I'm sticking with Oasis. I do love the modern decor of Anthem, so I think I would adore Harmony.

That being said, I need to get on Harmony!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toodle68

oh we will! I just love the fact that its on deck 12. So close to the pool, windjammer, daycare ( we have 3 little kids) and of course... bars!! :D

Those rooms are the reason the running track on deck 12 is so small ..  crew person told me they were added later and they cut the track.

My fav ship is Adventure, been on her 7 times. Been on vision, splendour, indy and navigator. Bigger ships don't appeal to us. We prefer Voyager class.

Just 5 for us, but one more booked for next November.  We were iffy about taking the cruise after our experience last November (the ship's refurb wasn't finished so a bunch of things were closed) but decided what the heck... YOLO and all that.

oh we will! I just love the fact that its on deck 12. So close to the pool, windjammer, daycare ( we have 3 little kids) and of course... bars!! :D

Loved our panoramic on Freedom!

I've heard a few complaints about the track being cut...i would say use the stairs to get up above deck 12 as part of your run/walk, go to the gym, or use stairs instead of elevators.

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite as of today is the Radiance class ships (have sailed on the Radiance, Serenade & Jewel) but in a couple of months, I'll be sailing on a Vision Class ship (Rhapsody) for the first time; I hear that I should expect to fall in love with it. The Navigator, Allure and Liberty can be rather busy at times depending upon the itinerary. For example, I sailed the Allure on a transatlantic - the ship was not sold out but it was very busy at peak times; was not fond of the long lines. 

I've only sailed on two ships: the Enchantment and Brilliance.

The Enchantment will always be a sentimental favorite as it was our first cruise on any ship of any line. Everything seemed to go right on that cruise and Marc was an excellent primer into what a great cruise director should be.

I dig the Brilliance for two reasons: ocean views seemingly everywhere on the ship and the aft patio behind the Windjammer.

I'm not in a hurry to sail on the new big ships. They look like great ships with a lot to do. But I want to feel like I'm at sea. We will eventually sail on one.

The Freedom-class looks like a good in-between sized ship.

The Enchantment will always be a sentimental favorite as it was our first cruise on any ship of any line. Everything seemed to go right on that cruise and Marc was an excellent primer into what a great cruise director should be.

I dig the Brilliance for two reasons: ocean views seemingly everywhere on the ship and the aft patio behind the Windjammer.

I'm not in a hurry to sail on the new big ships. They look like great ships with a lot to do. But I want to feel like I'm at sea. We will eventually sail on one.

Enchantment was also our first, loved her. Serenade (same class as Brilliance) was definitely a beautiful ship, but Freedom was our favorite.

My wife and I are the same way, we are in no way, in a hurry to get on a floating city --- I think she would like Voyager Class .... Neither of us have been on a Freedom Class, but since they're so much like a Voyager Class, I can't imagine not liking one and not the other....

We're completely satisfied in our dinghy's known as Vision Class