Boarding Docs

Pooch

9 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Nope he’s got a passport.  It’s the covid  stuff I am concerned about.  He just doesn’t have the level of OCD I do!  “Yeah, it’s on my phone”. I would be happier if he would just PRINT IT OUT!!!!

Agreed. I had electronic copies on the Navica app, but I also had backup copies on my phone as saved pdf files and screenshots, as well as printed copies. (Mostly in case of connection issues inside the terminal.)

Honestly, it was faster/easier at the port to show the printed copies of the tests instead of fumbling with the phone.

49 minutes ago, SPS said:

Agreed. I had electronic copies on the Navica app, but I also had backup copies on my phone as saved pdf files and screenshots, as well as printed copies. (Mostly in case of connection issues inside the terminal.)

Honestly, it was faster/easier at the port to show the printed copies of the tests instead of fumbling with the phone.

I know but I just can’t convince him.  Told him if he’s denied boarding, IM GOING WITHOUT HIM!!!

No I don’t.  He’s my older brother (by 2 years and I never let him forget it!) and thinks he knows everything.  The TA and I pushed and prodded him to finally get official documentation of his vaccination status ( you all know the no CDC card story).  Last week it was getting him to make test appointments that will produce results in a timely fashion (does it HAVE to be the rapid test? Does it HAVE to be Friday?  YES AND YES!!!).   Dear God I need a drink😳😳😳

8 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Dear God I need a drink😳😳😳

I'm chuckling....but not at you.  I just know how frustrating it is when you are trying to get someone (or a group of someones) marching in the same direction.  That's why I gave up being the tour guide a while ago.  It just takes all the fun out of it and frankly, I don't think anyone really appreciates it !

Now I just say to my friends/family - Dan and I are doing/going *wherever* at *whenever*.  If any of you would like to come along, here's how to make your reservations....

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Nope he’s got a passport.  It’s the covid  stuff I am concerned about.  He just doesn’t have the level of OCD I do!  “Yeah, it’s on my phone”. I would be happier if he would just PRINT IT OUT!!!!

I am neither "old" as my children call me, nor young by any stretch of the imagination.  I am good with tech but also prefer the feel of paper when reading. I have and use my Apple Watch and do the Apple Pay, but also carry cash.

Having said that, here is my personal experience.  Anytime you assume a vendor is tech savvy and you are prepared to transact using technology, something may go wrong and you need tangibles like cash, check, etc.  Anytime you assume a vendor is old-school and will not likely use technology, they end up surprising you and asking for electronic transactions only.  

My point is...just be prepared.  How much space do paper printed documents really take?  What if you lose your phone the day before?  What if the phone battery dies?  Or on the other hand, what if your paper documents get wet and unreadable?  Have the docs ready on phone/tablet/what have you, AND on paper.  Tell your brother NOT to be the one who make the rest of the party wait because he doesn't have his bases covered.

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Can you tell him?  I think he’s tired of me already 😄

and believe me, once we are all safely on board, he’s on his own.  I’ll be in the solarium with a drink if you need me!

That is why I don't travel with my siblings anymore.  We traveled together enough when we were younger.  Learned my lesson! 🤣

My brother and I, despite my current issues with him, are extremely close.  Dad died when we were tweens long before IRA’s, 401(k)s etc.  Mom did her best and we never knew we were poor but it took a toll on her and she coped by drinking, a lot.  We pulled each other through it.  Sometimes he forgets I’m not that little sister he needs to take care of.  But he’s still my best friend.  I’ll try not to throw him overboard!

5 hours ago, Pooch said:

My brother and I, despite my current issues with him, are extremely close.  Dad died when we were tweens long before IRA’s, 401(k)s etc.  Mom did her best and we never knew we were poor but it took a toll on her and she coped by drinking, a lot.  We pulled each other through it.  Sometimes he forgets I’m not that little sister he needs to take care of.  But he’s still my best friend.  I’ll try not to throw him overboard!

My brother and I are extremely close now and he is stubborn.

I told him several times we needed our actual vax cards but when we got to Florida, he didn't have his and was like my app will be fine. I told him to call RCG and see, sure enough they confirmed this. Thankfully we were doing WDW and got his mailed. But that was a $35 lesson he could have avoided by realizing I am mostly right.... all the time.

And he has a Smart Health Pass on his phone from the Massachusetts Dept of Health.  It seems to fit the criteria set forth in the Healthy Sail protocols BUT was given an actual CDC card when he got his booster with the spaces for the first two shots left blank.  I am going to transcribe the information from the Smart Pass to the card because I think he will “sail” through check in more smoothly!!  
Can I ask what App he was intending to provide?

I am thankful that my girlfriend and her son just did as they were told, lol.  Going through with Max's ID and Birth Certificate wasn't that bad other than having to go through an agent while disembarking and being one of the earlier people it was not an issue at all.  But I basically told him if he forgot something he would have to find someplace to stay on his own on Galveston Island while I went alone on the cruise.

13 hours ago, Pooch said:

And he has a Smart Health Pass on his phone from the Massachusetts Dept of Health.  It seems to fit the criteria set forth in the Healthy Sail protocols BUT was given an actual CDC card when he got his booster with the spaces for the first two shots left blank.  I am going to transcribe the information from the Smart Pass to the card because I think he will “sail” through check in more smoothly!!  
Can I ask what App he was intending to provide?

Vax Verify SMART Health Card from Chicago health dept. He had an actual vax card as the digital card is designed to be a back-up. The RCG rep said he needed the card and not a QR to pull up digital records.