MUST do (or recommended) excursions for Mexican ports or Perfect day coco cay

GunnerGuy

Hi all,

Would love to hear from you what your experience has been in places like costa maya, Cozumel and coco cay for excursions? I'll be sailing Allure May 8th out of Fort Lauderdale. 

I'd say wife and I are pretty adventurous so we're up for most things but would love to hear it from someone who has first hand experience!  

On 3/1/2022 at 7:47 PM, GunnerGuy said:

Hi all,

Would love to hear from you what your experience has been in places like costa maya, Cozumel and coco cay for excursions? I'll be sailing Allure May 8th out of Fort Lauderdale. 

I'd say wife and I are pretty adventurous so we're up for most things but would love to hear it from someone who has first hand experience!  

In cozumel, we've done a jeep tour that included Punta Sur with snorkeling.  One trip we took sort of on a lark, was riding ATV's into the thickets of Cozumel.  Wow, it was fun and quite different.  We had a blast and would probably do it again if we get the chance.  Other than that...get in the water while in Cozumel...snorkeling or scuba; that's the real thing to do there.  Chocolate, rum, and beehives notwithstanding.  Cozumel is just a great place for tourists.  People are great there [watch out for salesmen, ha]...and just enjoy.  Rub elbows with the locals; rent a vehicle and visit the bars along the east shore they are all welcoming.  But get in the water.  It's just great there. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AdvanceTripper said:

Paradise Beach over Mr. Sanchos? Just curious. We've not been to either, and are trying to decide between a beach club day excursion. 3 kids, 11-16 age range. Two very tired adults. Ha!

I just did Mr Sancho's for the 1st time after doing Paradise Beach several times.

Myself, my wife and my 15 year old all agreed that we prefer Paradise Beach. It was nothing especially wrong with Mr Sancho's but Paradise Beach was better.

We felt that because PB is pay as you go, that the food and drinks were better. We are not huge drinkers, but go enjoy a few while we sit in the sun.  Mr S had just OK service- maybe it was a bad day but the waiters were not very quick. The food was also just OK at Mr S whereas we have always enjoyed the food at PB.

I know Mr Sancho's has a lot of fans, which of why I wanted to try it but fir us Paradise Beach was the clear winner.

+1 for Maya Chan out of Costa Maya; all inclusive and the family and staff are top rate, though this isn't booked through Royal Caribbean.

But know that last week a storm blew in sea grass everywhere along the coast of Costa Maya; all of the beaches were affected.

At Cozumel we booked the dolphin (and manatee) encounter at Chankanaab and it was awesome.