UPDATED: Wonder of the Seas - Sailing Cancelled Dec 4 2022

jrapps

UPDATED: Original thread was about incorrect information given by RCL about the Wonder being cancelled Oct '21 to Jan '22. Thread being renamed for the one correct cancellation (Dec 4th 2021)

Has anyone on this forum heard of the Wonder being cancelled for it's entire 2022 season out of Port Canaveral? I had an issue with my November 20th 2022 reservation and called today, and was told this decision was made back on Feb 15th and that I "should" have gotten an email by now. Was told all sailings from Oct 29th thru Jan 17th were cancelled. Options given to me were 100% FCC or full refund. No compensation.

Still hoping it was all a big mistake (or dream! LOL) but wondering if anyone knows details if it is true? 

Edited by jrapps
New Info

Yes. It seems weird to me. I am hoping that they were wrong, but I had 2 different people in 2 different departments tell me this. First I called the internet team because I had issues booking something in my planner, and they told me it was because my cruise was marked as cancelled. They then transferred me to a resolutions team who told me that all Wonder cruises out of Canaveral were cancelled.

I want nothing more than to be WRONG about this and I myself won't really believe it until someone else confirms or I get an official email from Royal about it. Hoping someone else with a reservation, or a TA, calls and either confirms or is told all is OK.

All that said, it wouldn't be the first time that Royal continued to sell cruises that they know to be cancelled.

8 hours ago, jrapps said:

Yes. It seems weird to me. I am hoping that they were wrong, but I had 2 different people in 2 different departments tell me this. First I called the internet team because I had issues booking something in my planner, and they told me it was because my cruise was marked as cancelled. They then transferred me to a resolutions team who told me that all Wonder cruises out of Canaveral were cancelled.

I want nothing more than to be WRONG about this and I myself won't really believe it until someone else confirms or I get an official email from Royal about it. Hoping someone else with a reservation, or a TA, calls and either confirms or is told all is OK.

All that said, it wouldn't be the first time that Royal continued to sell cruises that they know to be cancelled.

3 hours ago, Jill said:

Someone posted here in discussion forum that they were told those sailings were cancelled. Happy I’m on the 3rd sailing in case she indeed goes to Asia and the “maintenance” is to switch her back to her original Asian self. I hope not. 

8 hours ago, jrapps said:

You've mixed up Wonder & Mariner. Mariner is being canceled November - January for dry dock.

50 minutes ago, JDL said:

You've mixed up Wonder & Mariner. Mariner is being canceled November - January for dry dock.

Interesting.

I pray you are correct here. And for the record, it wasn't ME who mixed it up. I called into Royal, gave them my reservation number for my November sailing on the Wonder, and THEY told me it was cancelled, Not sure how they can make that big a screw up, but I will be happy to know it was in error.

BTW, where do you see the Mariner is cancelled Nov-January. I see it is in dry dock in Jan/early feb 2023. It is still showing as for sale in Nov-Dec 2022

11 hours ago, jrapps said:

Interesting.

I pray you are correct here. And for the record, it wasn't ME who mixed it up. I called into Royal, gave them my reservation number for my November sailing on the Wonder, and THEY told me it was cancelled, Not sure how they can make that big a screw up, but I will be happy to know it was in error.

BTW, where do you see the Mariner is cancelled Nov-January. I see it is in dry dock in Jan/early feb 2023. It is still showing as for sale in Nov-Dec 2022

Make sure that your booking wasn't cancelled. There is a possibility that when itineraries were changed some bookings could have been cancelled and haven't been switched. I recall that this was originally Harmony's route but was moved to the Wonder. 

This is making me feel MUCH better. Hopefully I didn't cause anyone unnecessary stress....like Royal caused for me!

I still can't fathom WHY Royal told me this yesterday. I'm going to go forward on the assumption that it was a really big error on their part until I hear otherwise. I still plan to call them back myself when I get a free hour with nothing better to do with my life than wait on hold.....

I think someone confused the original Asia cancellations that occurred from Nov. '22  to Jan. '23.  At one point Wonder was assuming Allure TA back to America then her next available bookings were in Asia in November of 2022 through January 2023.  The Asia season was cancelled and we later learned that Wonder was staying in Port Canaveral.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Steve Clem said:

My cruise on Wonder of the Seas on December 4th was just cancelled.

Were you told a reason why it is cancelled? I can see the Dec 4th trip is no longer available for sale on the Royal website, but the cruise just before and after are still there.

33 minutes ago, Steve Clem said:

My cruise on Wonder of the Seas on December 4th was just cancelled.

May we ask what was the explanation in your cancellation notice?

As of this moment, that is the only sailing (12/4/22) missing from Royal's website... all of the other sailings from NOV 2022-JAN 2023 are still showing and open for booking.

6 minutes ago, michelle said:

Hi all

Letter today says only Dec 4, 2022 sailing is cancelled- they are going to have Ship previews

for one week only it looks like.  So Nov 27, is a go right now as is Dec 11th

Just looks like those on Dec 4, 2022 are getting emails for Wonder of the Seas.

Super TA saves the day!  Thank you!  😀

26 minutes ago, michelle said:

Hi all

Letter today says only Dec 4, 2022 sailing is cancelled- they are going to have Ship previews

Thank you so much for looking into this Michelle!  🙂

8 hours ago, michelle said:

Hi all

Yep. Got my email today for cancelation of Dec 4th sailing. Switched to Dec 11th with honered price and OBC. Stinks, but oh well. 

2 hours ago, Templecruiser said:

What did you get for credit with the cancellation? I have not seen any yet.

Someone on the over on that other board about posted the full email:

To sweeten the offer, you’ll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

$100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites

Plus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest

9 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

The onboard credit is only if you take the choices they list.  Only one alternative for the same week if you don’t want to change your vacation time, a 6 night on Jewel. 

I did not see a list, do you know what it was? I bump to the next week on another ship as Wonder before and after did not have any GS left.

1 hour ago, Templecruiser said:

I did not see a list, do you know what it was? I bump to the next week on another ship as Wonder before and after did not have any GS left.

• 6-Night Western Caribbean cruise onboard Wonder of the Seas sailing to Cozumel, Mexico, Roatan, Honduras, and Costa Maya, Mexico on December 18th
  • 6-Night Western Caribbean cruise onboard Jewel of the Seas sailing to Costa Maya, Mexico, Roatan, Honduras, and Cozumel, Mexico on December 3rd
  • 7-Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day cruise onboard Wonder of the Seas sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Nassau, Bahamas, Falmouth, Jamaica, and Labadee, Haiti on November 27th
  • 7-Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day cruise onboard Wonder of the Seas sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, and Philipsburg, St. Maarten on December 11th
  • 8-Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day cruise onboard Jewel of the Seas sailing to Labadee, Haiti, San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Croix, U.S.V.I, and Perfect Day at CocoCay on December 9th

21 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:
  • 6-Night Western Caribbean cruise onboard Wonder of the Seas sailing to Cozumel, Mexico, Roatan, Honduras, and Costa Maya, Mexico on December 18th
  • 6-Night Western Caribbean cruise onboard Jewel of the Seas sailing to Costa Maya, Mexico, Roatan, Honduras, and Cozumel, Mexico on December 3rd
  • 7-Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day cruise onboard Wonder of the Seas sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Nassau, Bahamas, Falmouth, Jamaica, and Labadee, Haiti on November 27th
  • 7-Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day cruise onboard Wonder of the Seas sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, and Philipsburg, St. Maarten on December 11th
  • 8-Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day cruise onboard Jewel of the Seas sailing to Labadee, Haiti, San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Croix, U.S.V.I, and Perfect Day at CocoCay on December 9th

So we only can go on these to get any OBC. Well that blows. None of the Wonder cruises have any GS left or adjoining rooms for my daughters family. Or I can go from a new Oasis class ship to one of the oldest and smallest ship on the Jewel with very little things to do for kids. What a slap in the face. We have over $13,000 in rooms booked and these are my only options.🤬

But they ARE going to waive penalties for moving to different sailing. 🙄😂Thought that was either poorly worded, or someone thought we would buy into that being a ‘benefit’.  In all fairness, they will cover any flight change fees, so there is that. 🙂 

Option 2: Rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

• If you prefer to re-book a different sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees associated with the move.