How do I go about upgrading our cruise booked direct with RCI

Hi there,

We booked direct with RCI (bad experience with our two previous TA's so decided to go direct) and I want to upgrade from inside to Balcony as a surprise for my wife. We agreed an inside to save money but I have some savings squirreled away and want to surprise her when boarding. 

I don't see any buttons on my reservation to upgrade.

Also is there a good time to hit the upgrade button (if there was one.) ?

I understand there is a Royal Up bidding programme but would like to guarantee and pick my own cabin spot. 

Many thanks for any assistance fellow cruisers. 

1 hour ago, Morganno said:

Hi there,

We booked direct with RCI (bad experience with our two previous TA's so decided to go direct) and I want to upgrade from inside to Balcony as a surprise for my wife. We agreed an inside to save money but I have some savings squirreled away and want to surprise her when boarding. 

I don't see any buttons on my reservation to upgrade.

Also is there a good time to hit the upgrade button (if there was one.) ?

I understand there is a Royal Up bidding programme but would like to guarantee and pick my own cabin spot. 

Many thanks for any assistance fellow cruisers. 

All you have to do is call Royal Caribbean at 866-562-7625 ……. Choose option 4 and then option 3.  Then give the person your reservation number and tell them that you want to upgrade to another room.  They can switch it for you and give you the new price.

Thanks for this. I got a discount rate and discount rate on the drinks package do they transfer the discounted drinks across? I would understand they just give me the going rate for the room but would hate to loose those drink package deals full price is €91.85 reduced to €68.66 at the moment. I got it for €46 🙂