Royal up

So I put bids on rooms on royal up a couple of days ago and it mentioned it was a sale up until feb 28th....I logged in to look at them again and now todat (feb 28) and the min bid has raised a decent amount above the old min. I bid slightly above the min but not as high as these new minimums! I assume this is because the sale is over... now I am sitting here wondering if that means I am out of the running unless I bid higher? They all still say pending. Does anyone know? Thanks!

19 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Bottom line is to bid what you are comfortable with - worst case scenario is that you get the original room you booked and get to go on a great vacation!

I'm the same way. I bid SUPER low on my next cruise because I have a great room (balcony at the back of the ship). If I get it...great! If I don't...still great! Our cruise AFTER this one we don't have great rooms so I plan to bid much more aggressively. 

Lots of speculation.

I was told it was a when and not a what.

Meaning they do first come, first served sort of deal, not who bids the highest. In the grand scheme of things, it works out because they move whomever to a room and then can sell that room for a higher price.  So bid what you want and are comfortable with. I won a bid on the minimum that would have cost almost $500 to straight upgrade to.