Drink package question

Charlette

12 minutes ago, TMatl said:

I thought RC required both people in the cabin to have the UDP?  I didn’t think only one of the party could get it.

They do grant exceptions for various reasons and depends on the agent you get. They accepted mine. I have heard of others who were denied. 

You can't purchase the DBP and a refreshment combo online via the Cruise Planner. You will have to call and tell them you want 1 DBP and 1 Refreshment package. If you do end up having an alcoholic beverage, they should only charge you for the difference (not the entire drink) with the Refreshment package.

3 hours ago, KJones said:

You can't purchase the DBP and a refreshment combo online via the Cruise Planner. You will have to call and tell them you want 1 DBP and 1 Refreshment package. If you do end up having an alcoholic beverage, they should only charge you for the difference (not the entire drink) with the Refreshment package.

There is no "difference" to charge, you will pay full price for the alcoholic beverage, but won't be automatically upgraded to the deluxe package.

In the days before the D+ vouchers, we regularly cruised with DBP for me and Refreshment for my wife.  She would get a glass of wine here and there, never had any problems.

6 minutes ago, KJones said:

@TXcruzerif you have the refreshment package and order an alcoholic cocktail, they will charge you for the price difference between a mocktail and cocktail...

I have NEVER experienced this.

What if you order a wine, or a beer?  What if there is no equivalent "mocktail" to base the difference on?