Individual drink costs

Ok, so the Refreshment package went down to $20 day and I'm trying to get an idea if it makes sense for me to get it. 

1. What is the average cost for specialty coffee and the shakes from Johnny Rockets? 

Those are the two things things I can see us getting daily...probably a few times a day really. 

Thank you? 

JR milkshake is $5.90 with grats and specialty coffees will probably run close to the same. If you have the app, you can look at drink menus for your sailing. The refreshment package will get you bottle/can water, juices, sodas, smoothies, the coffees and shakes. So even if you have one of each and some water, you have more than boke even.

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

JR milkshake is $5.90 with grats and specialty coffees will probably run close to the same. If you have the app, you can look at drink menus for your sailing. The refreshment package will get you bottle/can water, juices, sodas, smoothies, the coffees and shakes. So even if you have one of each and some water, you have more than boke even.

Thanks for the tip! Also, I'm assuming all things are loaded onto the Seapass so for example in the morning if I send one of the teens down to pick up a latte for me, can he just carry my Seapass with him or no? 

2 hours ago, Wanderlust876 said:

Thanks for the tip! Also, I'm assuming all things are loaded onto the Seapass so for example in the morning if I send one of the teens down to pick up a latte for me, can he just carry my Seapass with him or no? 

Actually, yes. It will be printed on your card and coded into the card. I take my roommate's card down to fetch coffees in the morning all the time.

Hi folks, bought the refreshment package for my teen as it includes the Rockets shakes. Only question I have is can he simply go to Rockets for a milkshake and order to take out OR would he have to sit in and order some food to be able to order a shake also ?

Follow on - can you get milkshakes from anywhere else on Harmony ?

3 hours ago, HGUK said:

Hi folks, bought the refreshment package for my teen as it includes the Rockets shakes. Only question I have is can he simply go to Rockets for a milkshake and order to take out OR would he have to sit in and order some food to be able to order a shake also ?

Follow on - can you get milkshakes from anywhere else on Harmony ?

You can ask JR to just get milkshakes. I have seen this on Harmony and Independence. 

16 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

You can ask JR to just get milkshakes. I have seen this on Harmony and Independence. 

This seems to vary by ship.  I remember being on Freedom once and we went into JR just to get a shake.  We were told, after we ordered the shakes, that we had to pay the cover charge, too.  We told them "never mind" and started to walk out, and the manager said he would make an exception for us this time....so we stayed and had our shakes.  That was a number of years ago so hopefully they have "standardized" it a bit more....but you can never really count on ANYthing being standard across the different ships.  They all have their own little rules that can vary wildly !

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This seems to vary by ship.  I remember being on Freedom once and we went into JR just to get a shake.  We were told, after we ordered the shakes, that we had to pay the cover charge, too.  We told them "never mind" and started to walk out, and the manager said he would make an exception for us this time....so we stayed and had our shakes.  That was a number of years ago so hopefully they have "standardized" it a bit more....but you can never really count on ANYthing being standard across the different ships.  They all have their own little rules that can vary wildly !

Exactly.

On Independence they told the people they would have to take the shakes to go or if they wanted to sit there it would eb a cover charge. I personally think they are currently allowing it because they are short staffed and at reduced hours. 

The crown and anchor on-board benefits provide a 50% off Johnny Rocket shake.  Every cruise we take advantage of this offer and never order any food.  We have never been told we have to pay the cover price.  Sometimes we take the shakes to go in plastic cups and other times we sit and drink them at the restaurant which is better because then the shake is served in glasses.  We just did this last week on Anthem, but of course on Anthem its JR Express.  My only advice is alert the server you want to use your on-board offer when you place the order.   While they can apply the offer after the bill is printed it is more difficult for them to correct.

we went to Johnny Rockets on Symphony and told the waiter that we only wanted to use our coupon to get the 50% off shakes.  2 shakes to go.  He told me that he could just have 1 of our sea pass cards and take off both of the shakes.  But when he came back with the receipt to sign, he told my husband.  I only used 1 of your coupons on the card. This way you'll come back tomorrow.  It was a sneaky way for them to make more money.  But although we really enjoyed our shakes, I never wanted to go back to the venue again because he didn't take the 50% off of both of the shakes, like we had asked.

My niece loves JR milkshakes and gives everyday of the cruise - she'll use the discount and everyday afterwards the guys usually remembers her and she gets the discount everyday - she usually enquires to whether there's a discount on the card and they ask her what flavour she wants and its done deal.  It's happened on more than one cruise too...

My advice - send the kids on their own to get the milkshakes 🤣 

Does anyone know how picky or attentive the bartenders are to using the cards to buy drinks with your package? I know my wife and I aren't going to benefit enough from each getting our own "refreshment package" but just wondering how they are with getting a drink to give to someone else? (I understand it's a moral grey area but just want to see what other's experienced)