Cruise Pictures

I am very excited about sailing on Liberty of the Seas 12/26/16. My wife and I were looking forward to getting some good pictures taken, and have been trying to sign up for the $150 pre-cruise special for months now.  This is for the memory stick with all the pictures on it.

The photo people have told me that the offer would be available starting two weeks before embarcation. We are now 13 days before embarcation, and the offer isn't yet available. So, of course, I contacted the photo people again.

Now they say they may not have a pre-cruise offer available online ahead of time. She said I should look for the "early bird" offer on the ship, and that would have a similar savings. Except the price she's quote ins $250, not $150. Which is more then I will pay.

First of all, this isn't really a big deal: I'll have a great time on the cruise with or without the pictures. But what has everyone else experienced with this? What's the deal?

We've purchased the " all your digital " photo package twice; on Allure and Liberty. Both were purchased pre-cruise at $249. 

The Allure sailing was my 40th birthday and we had over 350 pictures.

On Liberty we were 6 in a suite (3 kids) and had over 1,100 photos. We were travelling with family in 5 other staterooms and any pictures that someone from our room took with other family were included in our package. Was surprised that many photos of just family members (without us in them) were included also. My mother purchased the prints, during the week, for an additional $99. She is still giving pictures away. Lol. 

I liked the vast majority of the pictures, but we decided that we would only purchase the package again if we were travelling with other family members. 

We are cruising on Navigator in April, celebrating Mom's 70th birthday and plan on purchasing the package again, as we will be travelling with family across six staterooms. 

Edited: Updated the price. I went back and checked. $249, not $299

We've purchased the " all your digital " photo package twice; on Allure and Liberty. Both were purchased pre-cruise at $299. 

On Liberty we were 6 in a suite (3 kids) and had over 1,100 photos. We were travelling with family in 5 other staterooms and any pictures that someone from our room took with other family were included in our package. Was surprised that many photos of just family members (without us in them) were included also. My mother purchased the prints, during the week, for an additional $99. She is still giving pictures away. Lol. 

I liked the vast majority of the pictures, but we decided that we would only purchase the package again if we were travelling with other family members. 

We are cruising on Navigator in April, celebrating Mom's 70th birthday and plan on purchasing the package again, as we will be travelling with family across six staterooms. 

On our last cruise, we had a total of 85 photos, for a 7 day cruise, taken by the ship's photographers.  We bought the all digital package as well.  We thought it was well worth it and we just printed out the ones we wanted to print later.

We've purchased the " all your digital " photo package twice; on Allure and Liberty. Both were purchased pre-cruise at $249. 

That's good to know that if any person that is in the state room that purchased the all digital package is in a photo that it will be included.  This makes the purchase even more worth it for my next sailing as we have 3 staterooms booked.  I'm sure we will take a lot of "family" photos during this sailing and the benefit of getting all photos that include me, my wife or my son in the will be included in the package will be awesome.  We had 85 photos taken of just me and my wife last sailing and we didn't even try too hard to seek out photo opportunities.  I suspect we will probably be closer to that 1,100 number you had.  I feel these photos when buying via the all digital package is a great deal for annual family photos.  Paying a local professional photographer would cost way more than $249 for this many photos.

Glad you brought the subject up. I am traveling with family members in a  total of 11 cabins. I think this would be great to get. Are the picture just taken on the ship or do they go onshore with you?

I am not sure. As I recall, they would have something at the gangway you could get your picture taken with. But not at sites other then the dock or tender.

Glad you brought the subject up. I am traveling with family members in a total of 11 cabins. I think this would be great to get. Are the picture just taken on the ship or do they go onshore with you?

Any photo taken by the ship's photographers will be included in the package. This includes photos take by them just outside the ship at ports of call and all over the beaches and other areas at Labadee and Coco Cay.

• 1 month later...

We are looking to purchase the package as well and it is currently at $249, is that as low as it gets? It doesn't say that it is discounted...

Guest toodle68

It depends on the ship..  Majesty has just a print package for $159.  Freedom has an all digital for $199. All digital and prints for $279.  We have never purchased the package and just select a couple to buy, but the whole family is going later this year and the $199 will be totally worth it.

Guest toodle68

Still looking for info and costs for the photo sessions you can do whilst on ship that are not part of the photo package.. I have seen huge families have scheduled times for these sessions and I assume they are an extra cost outside of the roaming photographers..