On Symphony now. Ask me anything :)

Jay Jay

10 hours ago, jeffmw said:

How have lines at Windjammer been? How long are you waiting to get in, to get food, etc., during meal times?

It's so weird how some people find a ship really crowded and others don't. I was on Symphony at capacity and I never felt like it was too crowded. Strange.

Ya, expectation play a big part. But no lounge chairs at 60% is surprising. Mostly very few lines but a few 10min waits for windjammer, sorrento,bar,cafe prom. Had entire breakfast without waiter passing by for coffee and such. We make the best of it though.

10 hours ago, Jay Jay said:

Western sailing is the same. Ronn Lucas is hilarious. All Hiro shows have been cancelled so far...hopefully will be able to attend Friday. Book them all by suppertime on day 1 or they'll be full.

So do you book before or not? You said make a reservation day 1 and at the bottom of the "Shows at a Glance" is says reservations not required. Which is it?

1 hour ago, MeaganCM13 said:

So do you book before or not? You said make a reservation day 1 and at the bottom of the "Shows at a Glance" is says reservations not required. Which is it?

If you look closely the "no reservations" shows are the ones with the **. Mostly the movies on deck

On 3/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, MeaganCM13 said:

Yes, book shows on day 1.  The ice shows and comedy in the smaller venue does sell out.  We did Hiro on day 1.  I would definitely recommend this, as shows get canceled based on weather.  This way if day 1 gets canceled, you can try to see Hiro a different night.  That will be the show most likely canceled.

23 minutes ago, need2cruz said:

Yes, book shows on day 1.  The ice shows and comedy in the smaller venue does sell out.  We did Hiro on day 1.  I would definitely recommend this, as shows get canceled based on weather.  This way if day 1 gets canceled, you can try to see Hiro a different night.  That will be the show most likely canceled.

If for any reason my app encounters a glitch where do I go to book the shows while onboard?

2 hours ago, mamie said:

If for any reason my app encounters a glitch where do I go to book the shows while onboard?

They will have a sign pointing you where to go on the promenade.  They used the On Air Club, i believe, while we were there.  I saw the line of people doing that on the first day.  I preferred to sit in a lounge chair by the pool and do it on the app.  I've heard of people doing it in the terminal, before they walked on the ship.  I didn't try that.

On 2/27/2022 at 7:49 PM, ChrisK2793 said:

How is the food?  We were on Symphony  2/12-19 and the food at both the CK and the specialty restaurants was the most mediocre to bad that we’ve ever had on a cruise.  I even spent 2 nights sick after eating …….. once from I think the tuna tartare in Chops which did taste a bit off and I didn’t finish it  …… and once after eating at Izumi.

Strange, food was always great... 

I was on Symphony 2 yrs ago and on Oasis in October, food was awesome. 

Do you have cruise compass from February 12th? 

On 3/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, jeffmw said:

How have lines at Windjammer been? How long are you waiting to get in, to get food, etc., during meal times?

It's so weird how some people find a ship really crowded and others don't. I was on Symphony at capacity and I never felt like it was too crowded. Strange.

Exactly... 

I've been on Symphony and Harmony before covid, at normal capacity. Close to full. Didn't feel crowded? 

If course had all reservations done. 

I'm guessing people without reservations felt like a nightmare. 

And before and after my cruise read so may online saying they couldn't get into any shows that they wanted to. 

On 3/1/2022 at 12:26 PM, Marc said:

I received this from the concierge for next week's (eastern) sailing. It may be of use to others, but it is subject to change, of course.

Whoops, forgot it had the highlighting in there. Well, now you know what I've chosen. 😁

Shows at Glance.pdf 792.16 kB · 94 downloads

So no main Broadway show in the theater? Why? 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, francisco Fraile said:

Hello.

My family and I will sail at symphony of the seas on May 7th from Barcelona. One of the activities that we are most excited is laser tag but checking the activities there is no  announcement of this. Could you confirm if there will be laser tag in that week at Symphony? Thank you

One person having laser tag, doesn't mean you will. There could be staffing issues or anything that could affect your sailing. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, francisco Fraile said:

Hello,

I will be sailing on May 7th from Barcelona and in my cruise planner does not show "Battle for Z planet. Laser Tag". That means that Laser Tag is cancelled for this cruise or that they will include it further? Thank you

Lazertag didn't become available on my Wonder cruise until we boarded.  It had to be reserved the first day.  You could not just line up and get to participate when you saw times available in the cruise planner.