TransAtlantic to Barcelona on Wonder of the Seas.

Dad2Cue

We usually plan every detail a year in advance for a trip like this however, time is getting short. We have been on a Mediterranean cruise that included Barcelona (first cruise ever at the time).  We liked Barcelona and have never been to Spain except for that. A TransAtlantic cruise is somewhat of a bucket list cruise.  I feel comfortable with the TransAtlantic part and ports in Spain --- not so comfortable with disembarkation and 7-day stay in Barcelona.  We need everything to be as easy and as convenient as possible because nothing seems very easy anymore.  We don't intend to take Barcelona by storm.  We recall taxi service was great in Barcelona. 

A TransAtlantic cruise has been in the works for a couple of years but has been postponed or rescheduled several times.  I didn't think this trip would happen so I didn't plan anything except for the cruise and the flight back home.  I would not want to cancel the cruise. It doesn't seem like anything will prevent us from going this time except for health issues -- I think I'm up for it though.  Cost is a factor but we realize we can't take it with us when "that time" comes.

Any recommendations.???   Staying onboard the ship and doing excursions would be fantastic.  Anyone know how the 4-day gap will be handled?  A back-to-back with another Mediterranean cruise is a possibility.  Thanks for any recommendations. 

If you had booked the B2B originally before the dates were changed you would have been able to stay on Wonder of the Seas for the 4 days of press trips at no charge.  Unfortunately you are not able to book this now, but you can book the next cruise which leaves on May 8, 2022.  You could always call Royal and see if it possible if you did book the next cruise if you could pay to stay on the ship for the extra 4 days.  

There are no other cruises leaving Barcelona on May 4 that would allow you to book a side by side with another line.  You would have to leave from another port in Spain to do this and it could be a bit tricky to do especially if there are any delays on arrival day.  I had looked at this option but I will spend time in Barcelona and perhaps a couple there places in Spain.