coffee (latte) delivered to room in the morning.......

togo

Wait.. so based on what I understand on the door card posted above, anything on the continental breakfast portion of room service is totally complimentary and does *not* incur a service charge?? What about gratuities for the guy that delivers it? Is that included as part of pre-paid gratuities or that is extra?

The thought of having coffee brought to me in the morning sounds awesome! I hate getting ready for the day before having coffee... I thought I would've had to go to the windjammer for that every morning!

34 minutes ago, SaveTheSharks said:

Wait.. so based on what I understand on the door card posted above, anything on the continental breakfast portion of room service is totally complimentary and does *not* incur a service charge?? What about gratuities for the guy that delivers it? Is that included as part of pre-paid gratuities or that is extra?

The thought of having coffee brought to me in the morning sounds awesome! I hate getting ready for the day before having coffee... I thought I would've had to go to the windjammer for that every morning!

We had coffee and a couple pastries delivered every morning, and was great. Took time to get ready for breakfast, but still enjoyed coffee on the deck. I gave a couple bucks each time. Every day was a different person also.

On 3/1/2022 at 3:31 PM, PG Cruiser said:

On some ships, even the American breakfast (hot) is complimentary.

I've been peeking at the latest Cruise Compasses to see if the policy is still in effect, and it seems to be for now, on most ships that I've looked at. There is a little note at the bottom of the third page that says something like 'contactless breakfast is now complimentary... all other meals incur a $-- fee'. I'm really, really hoping that the policy will still be in place for my April sailing. I saw a post that they were waiving the hot breakfast fee to reduce crowding in WJ in the AM and with all of the Spring Break travel happening during the next two months, I can't see the ships getting less crowded.

Okay, when we were on past cruises, I don't remember paying a room service fee.  We would always order "breakfast before breakfast", coffee and pastries usually.  I just read on one of the articles here that there is a $7.95 room service fee for food delivery.  Since the last crews we were on was in 2016 (yeah, it's been awhile) can someone clarify this?

3 hours ago, RDU said:

Okay, when we were on past cruises, I don't remember paying a room service fee.  We would always order "breakfast before breakfast", coffee and pastries usually.  I just read on one of the articles here that there is a $7.95 room service fee for food delivery.  Since the last crews we were on was in 2016 (yeah, it's been awhile) can someone clarify this?

They used to have free room service in general, I think it was 2017-2018 when they started charging the fee. When it changed things like pastries and coffee have been no charge for a while and still are. It is hot items like pancakes egg, bacon, etc. that incurs the $7.95+grats fee.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

They used to have free room service in general, I think it was 2017-2018 when they started charging the fee. When it changed things like pastries and coffee have been no charge for a while and still are. It is hot items like pancakes egg, bacon, etc. that incurs the $7.95+grats fee.

Perfect, thank you, Ampur85!    So we can still have coffee brought to the room before going down for "real" breakfast and not be charged?  If that's the case, I'm totally okay with that.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:18 PM, Cindyb said:

Does anyone know if you have the unlimited deluxe drink package if you can get Bloody Mary or Mimosa? Or do you have to pay for them to room service?

you can get a bloody mary and mimosa with the UDP.  i would imagine there is a fee for that unless you are a suite guest. 

45 minutes ago, D Alt said:

you can get a bloody mary and mimosa with the UDP.  i would imagine there is a fee for that unless you are a suite guest. 

Even with a beverage package you'll have to pay regular bar pricing for a Bloody Mary or mimosa delivered. One exception is for guests staying in Star Class suites.

11 hours ago, RDU said:

The room service menu received an upgrade with new items that didn't exist before.  That's when they introduced the service fee.  Continental breakfast was free before and remains free now.  The new burger is pretty good, as are the chicken wings.  

I have been getting coffee delivered to my room for years.  Love to stand out on the balcony and sip my coffee.  There are large or regular size pots so if you have multiple coffee drinkers its best to order a large pot.  Never been charged for room service coffee but i tip at least $3.    If you are in a suite (not sure about Jr Suite) you can order full breakfast without a room charge.

• 2 weeks later...