No more vaccination bracelets

33 minutes ago, Mel G said:

What are the odds the vaccination requirement will be removed before June 2022? We had a cruise booked before this requirement was put into place, but will have to cancel if still requiring as we are not vaccinated.

I feel your pain.  While I would love to think that the vax requirement will be gone by ANY time this year, the truth is, I don’t think it’s likely.  Possible ?  Of course.  Much is changing rapidly but the vax requirement is one thing that I fear will be (ridiculously) around for some time to come.  I hope I’m wrong.

37 minutes ago, Mel G said:

What are the odds the vaccination requirement will be removed before June 2022? We had a cruise booked before this requirement was put into place, but will have to cancel if still requiring as we are not vaccinated.

I would say a near zero percent chance. 

1 hour ago, Mel G said:

Better chances of winning the Powerball lottery and buying your own super yacht so you can sail without a vaccine.

19 hours ago, Mel G said:

I don't think that will happen before June of 2022.  

I think one of the reasons cruise lines operating in this country institute vaccine requirements was to assure Caribbean nations and Latin America that they would not make their COVID situation worst by having large numbers of unvaccinated individuals come off a ship onto their shores.  Look at how cruise ships were turned away from some port at the height of Omicron and Grand Cayman still hasn't reopened their ports to cruise ships the new reopening date is now set for March 21st. These islands in the Caribbean have limited resources (hospital space) and they can't afford to be overrun with COVID.  In a most recent survey that came out 4 days ago most of the Caribbean and Latin America have not reach 40% vaccination rate.  Grand Cayman which is still closed report just last week that 90% of their population is now fully vaccinated (they are the exception in the Caribbean) yet they remain closed to cruise ships.  Many of the Caribbean islands and Latin America don't have the infrastructure necessary to store large quantities of vaccine and most of the vaccines that have been created worldwide require extremely cold storage, so they are not ordering large quantities of vaccine because it would only be wasted. There is also vaccine hesitancy in a lot of these countries among other reason why vaccination rates are so low in the Caribbean and Latin America.  

I said all of that to say this I think the vaccination requirement will remain in place until more countries in the regions mention see higher vaccination rates.

20 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

Grand Cayman which is still closed report just last week that 90% of their population is now fully vaccinated (they are the exception in the Caribbean) yet they remain closed to cruise ships.

Cayman doesn't need cruise ship traffic to keep its economy going. That's why they're going so slow. And don't even ask them about a deep water pier!

I'm currently planning a cruise for August 2023 with a large group, probably 10-15 staterooms.  A few are not vaccinated and obviously this is their only concern with booking now.  If they book a non-refundable fare and the vaccine requirement is still in place in August of 2023, does that allow them to get their deposit back?  I guess I am wondering if the vaccine rule is an exception for a non-refundable fare.  Assuming non-refundable means non-refundable for any reason, If you book a refundable fare, can you cancel for any reason and get your deposit back?   

There are a few news articles out about this right now... Here is a link to one of them... Most of them seem to believe the consensus among the lines will be finishing out 2022 with the requirement and lifting it early next year if the fall and winter prove to be mild.... Hopefully, you would be ok....

When Will Vaccines No Longer Be Required on Cruises? Dr. Scott Gottlieb Weighs In… | Cruzely.com

38 minutes ago, Cruiser4Life said:

There are a few news articles out about this right now... Here is a link to one of them... Most of them seem to believe the consensus among the lines will be finishing out 2022 with the requirement and lifting it early next year if the fall and winter prove to be mild.... Hopefully, you would be ok....

When Will Vaccines No Longer Be Required on Cruises? Dr. Scott Gottlieb Weighs In… | Cruzely.com

Taking into account the double standard the cruise lines face, this is probably as best case scenario as one could expect

So far, being unvaccinated has been a “get-out-of-cruise-free” card….meaning unvaxxed could receive a 100% cash refund…however, that may not be the case in 2023.  If it were me and I didn’t intend to get vaccinated (and GOOD for them for making that choice !), I would definitely book with a refundable deposit.  Who knows what the situation will be, then. Hoping that the vax requirement is long gone by then, but nobody really knows.