Royal emails, RoyalUp and heart palpitations...

mathbees

We are awaiting news about our RoyalUp bid.

Does anyone else waiting for news, who sees an email from Royal, especially with a title like "Special Message," have their heart skip a beat?

It seems like recently there has been an uptick in daily emails (and heart palpitations). It's almost like they are trying to induce more excitement. 🤣

18 minutes ago, mathbees said:

We are awaiting news about our RoyalUp bid.

Does anyone else waiting for news, who sees an email from Royal, especially with a title like "Special Message," have their heart skip a beat?

No, but another question, does anyone check their app 50+ times a day hoping for a new cabin number? 😂 Guilty...

Guilty! First time cruiser and got excited every time I seen an email from Royal up to only be disappointed it was a cancellation as I would upgrade my stateroom as prices came down. Then had to sign back in and update my bids all over again. A few weeks ago at noon, bamn got the email that said my bid was accepted and I almost fell over. After reading all the stories, I felt it would never happen to me as a first time cruiser. Good luck! Hope u win a bid. 
Now if they can just come out with a sale for Deluxe drink pkg and Internet, I’d be a happy camper. 

I have one observation that might help reduce anxiety or at least narrow it. During the covid era I've noticed most of the royal ups happen all at once for a particular ship. I know we see the one offs where someone gets theirs months in advance but mostly it's within 7-10 days of the sailing. If you log off and search for your cruise you'll see lots of upgraded rooms available, then one day they will mostly be gone, leaving only guarantee suites available or whole categories of suites gone. If you want to see it coming in advance, check the sailing before yours or the one before that, then you can see when it will likely happen. That being said, on one royal up our group had two exact rooms and two exact bids yet the e-mail, credit card charge and the cabin number change was 36 hours apart even though the rooms went blank at the same time online. But both were in that 7 day window, they just didn't act for some reason at the same time, albeit it was at the beginning of the restart when things were a little wonky. We have a cruise leaving in 12 days and I just noticed the same ship leaving 5 days from now just started to shuffle up and all the GS and OS suites vanished all at once, so I figure it will happen about a week from now for us.

To make your anxiety worse, the e-mail was the last thing to happen. Card charged first, cruise planner changed next and then the e-mail came.

I'm still hoping (praying) for an upgrade for our cruise that leaves on March 7th.  We are 9 days out.  Fingers crossed.  I did not bid crazy high, though.  Not sure if it's going to make a difference.  I checked and there were a LOT of cabins left on our sailing. 

I have never really understood this RoyalUp thing.  When, really, do most people get their notification?  When we sailed in December, it was at least 3 weeks out if I'm remembering correctly.  Maybe 2.  But definitely not 1 week out.  

Our B2B sailing on Symphony begins April 30 and we got the RoyalUp emails for both about 2 weeks ago. However, since we have the same cabin for both sailings and like our location, we decided not to do it. The bids, though, for most of the upgrades actually seem pretty reasonable. To upgrade to a GS-2BR starts at $200pp. and Crown Loft Suite at $350pp. Not too bad. StarClass upgrades are considerably more, starting around $2500pp and up.

Are you in a facebook group or roll call for your cruise? For my spring break cruise, somebody mentioned their successful royal up bid in one of the upper suite categories a few weeks ago. Then within the next 24-48 hours, everybody else's royal up bid trickled in like clockwork. All the suites upgraded first, then the balconies to the JS, then the outsides were upgraded and then the inside cabins were upgraded. It seemed like everybody was moving on up, possibly to the newly vacated cabins by other people on the list. We were all surprised that it happened so early.