Who booked Cuba today?!

KLA

I had a courtesy hold put on it, but the fare increased about $150 in the two hours it took for my TA to get my message, so I punted thinking that I will wait for a later sailing.

I also noted that RC will do visa services for the day in Havana 7am docking time until 4 pm. Their cost is $75. Does that sound reasonable?

Now that's tempting.

It is ... after discussing the May 20th itinerary last night (with a glass of wine as it snowed outside) the conclusion was "now if it was only a week later". So when May 29th appeared there this morning it precipitated a Saturday morning sofa discussion (with a cup of coffee) and the conclusion was "a Cuba cruise might make more sense for January 2018" ... but I'm still going to check back in on prices and availability on this cruise at the beginning of March once the final payment deadline has passed.

I have been to Cuba many times for vacation.....while it is great place, I can't justify paying almost double the price of what  a normal 4 or 5 day cruise is with RCI, just to stop in Havana for a day.

But its nice option for those that have always wanted to visit there. I am sure with time it will come down in price or as the competition is allowed in as  well.

Haha.. I'm definitely in the boat of "really wanting to go there" to see and experience the culture, but I get why people may not be quite as excited about it. I guess to me it's a bit of a novelty, and getting to experience a new cruise port just seems pretty awesome. 

Plus, now there are a lot of really fun people on the 5/20/17 sailing. 

I've been everywhere in the Caribbean so always, always want to find a new port.  Back in the early 90's, while we were in Jamaica, I was ready to book an illegal helicopter day trip - but my husband and son talked me out of it.  Because it was forbidden to U.S. citizens, Cuba is definitely a place I would love to go.  But I will probably wait until the novelty wears off a bit.  It will get cheaper as time goes by.

Interesting that NCL will offer overnight...that would make it a lot more tempting....

And to have the drinks included, even more so.....

And I bet the price will still be cheaper than RCI.....

Would be nice to see RCI turn one of their smaller ships into an all inclusive option for sure no matter where it would go.

• 3 months later...