Crown & Anchor updates

3 hours ago, Peter D said:

On board Voyager, an interesting  observation that I didn’t anticipate based on the original “Uncork more savings”.   The wine discount perk mentioned above in “uncork”  comes at the expense of a drink voucher.   So basically $14 drink voucher to get 20-40% off bottle of wine.   

Running the numbers, that's not a bad deal if traveling with a group who's not receiving drink vouchers and didn't buy the DBP or if someone with vouchers wants more wine than they have vouchers for. Otherwise, paying the difference between the voucher benefit and the per glass cost was cheaper on the bottles I ran the numbers for. Though there are bottles that Royal doesn't sell by the glass, so there's that too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 6:32 PM, Rackham said:

Running the numbers, that's not a bad deal if traveling with a group who's not receiving drink vouchers and didn't buy the DBP or if someone with vouchers wants more wine than they have vouchers for. Otherwise, paying the difference between the voucher benefit and the per glass cost was cheaper on the bottles I ran the numbers for. Though there are bottles that Royal doesn't sell by the glass, so there's that too.

I agree!  $32 off an $80 bottle (for example).  The only way it's not a benefit is if you're doing a dining package for more than one night, it carries the same discount.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Anyone know why the most loyal members do not get a discount coffee, but the least loyal do?

Makes no sense...

Screenshot 2023-04-11 202601.jpg

Possibly b/c once you have access to the Diamond Lounge you get completely free coffee, espresso, cappuccino, lattes, etc. almost 24/7? This has always been one of my favorite perks as I have multiple cappuccinos every morning to go with my "pre-breakfast." I drink cheap coffee at home, I'm no coffee snob, but I still enjoy the machine very much.

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Possibly b/c once you have access to the Diamond Lounge you get completely free coffee, espresso, cappuccino, lattes, etc. almost 24/7? This has always been one of my favorite perks as I have multiple cappuccinos every morning to go with my "pre-breakfast." I drink cheap coffee at home, I'm no coffee snob, but I still enjoy the machine very much.

Well, you do when the machines work. LOL

19 minutes ago, Mike n Ky said:

Well, you do when the machines work. LOL

I was waiting for that. I've had pretty good luck avoiding the full breakdowns. I've also learned how to empty the grounds myself (shhh) and deal with a couple other error messages.

The DL machine on Indy had some sort of low water pressure message when I was onboard last July. The concierge told me to just ignore it and the machine worked fine. When we went back on Indy in October it still had the same message.

On 4/11/2023 at 6:12 AM, SteveK said:

Anyone know why the most loyal members do not get a discount coffee, but the least loyal do?

Makes no sense...

Screenshot 2023-04-11 202601.jpg

In addition to the Diamond Lounge machines, those who don't use all of their drink vouchers for alcohol can use some to get the froo-froo specialty coffees that are so inexplicably popular.

46 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

In addition to the Diamond Lounge machines, those who don't use all of their drink vouchers for alcohol can use some to get the froo-froo specialty coffees that are so inexplicably popular.

So because you don't like something it's inexplicable that others do? Good attitude.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...