Crown & Anchor updates

On 2/28/2023 at 7:28 PM, steverk said:

Has anyone noticed that the D+ laundry benefit is now "Only valid on the day of the ship’s Wash & Fold laundry promotion?"

@steverk good eye. 

We are a D+ couple that used both our free laundry benefits, especially if we were B2B.  That's how we were able to pack lighter.  Certainly seems like a reduction in benefit if we're restricted to only using is on the day of the wash & fold promotion.

Today was day 1 of our second cruise on OA.  I waited with bated breath to see if the beverage guy would leave any Cokes for me.  I was relieved when my 12 Cokes were expertly stacked into the fridge.  I couldn’t believe he got them all in there but he did !  So for this cruise, at least, we still got our sodas.  Guess I’ll see next week if we still get them.  We also got Dans waters and our bottle of bubbly so…for this week at least, normal loyalty delivery.

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i always feel bad about throwing these away, but... they are stale 😂

and for some reason they seem to linger for days

It's always odd that the room steward doesn't take the stale cookies away. We leave the cloche off and for a few days they put it right back on and leave them there. We finally either sit them out when we leave and see our steward making their rounds or take them with us to some food venue to be disposed of. 

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

It's always odd that the room steward doesn't take the stale cookies away. We leave the cloche off and for a few days they put it right back on and leave them there. We finally either sit them out when we leave and see our steward making their rounds or take them with us to some food venue to be disposed of. 

YES!! and it always feels wrong somehow to take them out of the container and drop them into the trash in the cabin but the struggle is real!! 😂😂

15 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I think they leave them alone because it's better to leave the food that we DON'T want alone than to discard something we DO intend to eat later and will be disappointed to miss out on. Example - the elusive Ranger cookies which often show up just once per cruise. If we had several of those sitting on a plate to have as a snack and they disappeared it would be a huge disappointment.

Note: when we have something we want to be sure is available later, we do not leave it sitting out where it could potentially be cleared away.

48 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I think they leave them alone because it's better to leave the food that we DON'T want alone than to discard something we DO intend to eat later and will be disappointed to miss out on. Example - the elusive Ranger cookies which often show up just once per cruise. If we had several of those sitting on a plate to have as a snack and they disappeared it would be a huge disappointment.

Note: when we have something we want to be sure is available later, we do not leave it sitting out where it could potentially be cleared away.

So true. On Anthem stale cookies sat there for 8 days.  On Odyssey the room steward took my half eaten delicious chocolate birthday cake on day 4.  I as soooooo upset and made a big stink about it.  Never saw that room steward again for the remaining 5 days. 

24 minutes ago, MaryS said:

So true. On Anthem stale cookies sat there for 8 days.  On Odyssey the room steward took my half eaten delicious chocolate birthday cake on day 4.  I as soooooo upset and made a big stink about it.  Never saw that room steward again for the remaining 5 days. 

Now there's a coincidence. That exact same thing happened to us too, although a good few years ago now, on Splendour OTS. In our case it was an anniversary cake. I can't help wondering if he took it to eat himself and/or share with colleagues. We didn't say anything because in all honesty we probably wouldn't have eaten any more of it anyway, with all the other food we were eating, but still...

2 hours ago, barjpoe said:

But with the cookies - There are 2 of in the cabin and they send 3 ???🤨 I usually try and split them in half so we each can try them.

I always get 4 cookies, one ranger, one of those horrible lemon kinds, oatmeal raisin, a chocolate chip (if they have them) or that macadamia nut kind if no chocolate chip. This is if I am solo or not, then I later in the sailing get those horrible chocolate cover strawberries.......they always smell bad.

🙂 We spend thousands on a cruise .... and get so emotional over 98 cents worth of cookies ...  🙂

🙂 Along the same lines .... RC spends millions running a ship every day .... yet they begrudge the most loyal customers a  Budwiser that cost 10 cents a can in bulk .... go figure.

10 hours ago, Ditchdoc said:

🙂 Along the same lines .... RC spends millions running a ship every day .... yet they begrudge the most loyal customers a  Budwiser that cost 10 cents a can in bulk .... go figure.

The change to water only from a personal beverage selection probably has more to do with management and execution costs than product expense. If everyone who's eligible for a welcome aboard beverage is receiving exactly the same thing, just with slightly different quantities, then there's no need for staff to process drink orders before sailing. And then whoever delivers the beverages to each eligible stateroom doesn't need to grab the specific mix for their deliveries and ensure that each beverage ends up in the correct place. The deliverer just needs a cart of water with a stateroom list and count to deliver to each cabin which means less time is required to complete the deliveries.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Yep. Unless the 6 we got was just for the adults in the room

I don't think youth get any of the welcome amenities like towels, sandals, beverage choices, etc.

But I don't have dependent relationship based cabin mates at this point so I may be wrong on that.   

62820D1E-749D-4CCC-A451-170B6AB99E7D.thumb.png.4f9c212ad67d3a1505ab57d478ba15e1.png50ADBCDB-5C14-47BB-AFAE-7AD8034C1A30.thumb.jpeg.baa0c8848b4ddbcc9a3ed8a73eaa6e3c.jpegOn board Voyager, an interesting  observation that I didn’t anticipate based on the original “Uncork more savings”.   The wine discount perk mentioned above in “uncork”  comes at the expense of a drink voucher.   So basically $14 drink voucher to get 20-40% off bottle of wine.