Crown & Anchor updates

14 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

I am LOVING how they now have the benefits listed online. I especially like that there's a youth benefits section at the bottom now. The categorization of everything ROCKS!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

image.png.84014de89c2273ddbea1a3bfc2e92c7b.png

IS THE INTERNET FOR REAL?!?!??? *celebrates*

15 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

image.png.84014de89c2273ddbea1a3bfc2e92c7b.png

IS THE INTERNET FOR REAL?!?!??? *celebrates*

Youth internet has been that way since the restart.  It was on the welcome letter for youth in the cabin.  

More mildly interesting is the Youth Pinnacle column.  Since Pinnacle is not conveyed to youth dependents it's seems the benefits for a youth who has actually sailed 700 nights are pretty much the same as all other youth except they get free internet and the six beverages.

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

Youth internet has been that way since the restart.  It was on the welcome letter for youth in the cabin.  

More mildly interesting is the Youth Pinnacle column.  Since Pinnacle is not conveyed to youth dependents it's seems the benefits for a youth who has actually sailed 700 nights are pretty much the same as all other youth except they get free internet and the six beverages.

Interesting, as my kiddos didn't have a welcome letter for any benefits for our last sailing. Now they're excited for the next one!

Did you see the video for the youngest Pinnacle member ever, @twangster? I immediately thought of you - "it's kid Twangster!" At around ~100 cruise days every year of his life, it's stunning he's achieved that status already. 

56 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

Interesting, as my kiddos didn't have a welcome letter for any benefits for our last sailing. Now they're excited for the next one!

Did you see the video for the youngest Pinnacle member ever, @twangster? I immediately thought of you - "it's kid Twangster!" At around ~100 cruise days every year of his life, it's stunning he's achieved that status already. 

There are a number of young Pinnacle.  Much younger than most would think.  Not hundreds and hundreds of them but they are out there.  If your lifestyle allows it it's not that hard to do.  It took me just over three years and I didn't even start out that strong in year one.   If I had sailed only Royal and was on a mission to get 'ur done I could have done it quicker.     

3 hours ago, Archchic said:

Does anyone have a PDF of the current C&A benefits? My cruise sails 3/9 and this is my first cruise as Emerald. I'm liking what I'm seeing as benefits on the update, unfortunately sounds like it won't apply to my sailing.

crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

From Dec 16, 2022.

However for a March 9 cruise I'm willing to bet you will see the majority if not all of these new perks on your cruise.  

I'm thinking some ships may start doing this very soon.  The time between now and March 10 is really a window to ensure all ships are aware of, and fully implementing the new program benefits by March 10.  That's the deadline for ships to get with the program, but I suspect some will start earlier than March 10 and some will fully adopt the new perks well before March 10. 

It all depends how the LA's are cycling back from vacation and training on the new perks.   

If they said "starting tomorrow" some ships wouldn't have time to figure out the new perks and then guests would be upset.  By posting a future date it ensures all crew can iron out the wrinkles and misinterpretations by March 10.  

10 hours ago, twangster said:

crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf 2.09 MB · 3 downloads

From Dec 16, 2022.

However for a March 9 cruise I'm willing to bet you will see the majority if not all of these new perks on your cruise.  

I'm thinking some ships may start doing this very soon.  The time between now and March 10 is really a window to ensure all ships are aware of, and fully implementing the new program benefits by March 10.  That's the deadline for ships to get with the program, but I suspect some will start earlier than March 10 and some will fully adopt the new perks well before March 10. 

It all depends how the LA's are cycling back from vacation and training on the new perks.   

If they said "starting tomorrow" some ships wouldn't have time to figure out the new perks and then guests would be upset.  By posting a future date it ensures all crew can iron out the wrinkles and misinterpretations by March 10.  

Oh goody! Thank you for the explanation. I'm looking forward to those drink specials. 😉

Years ago (can’t remember which ship or when it actually was), we were told that they only accepted D+ W/F laundry on “laundry day” (whichever day that happened to be) so some ships have been doing this, perhaps off and on, for some time.  What will chap my a$$ will be if they change this amenity from “each eligible passenger” to “one per stateroom “.  Then we’ll have to tango….

On 2/28/2023 at 7:28 PM, steverk said:

Has anyone noticed that the D+ laundry benefit is now "Only valid on the day of the ship’s Wash & Fold laundry promotion?"

It specifically calls out on 5+ night cruises. Has that always been the case? And how do they treat a B2B that covers 7 nights - as two cruises that are both unable to get the perk (I expect this to be the case) or as 7 nights meeting the 5+ rule?

43 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

It specifically calls out on 5+ night cruises. Has that always been the case? And how do they treat a B2B that covers 7 nights - as two cruises that are both unable to get the perk (I expect this to be the case) or as 7 nights meeting the 5+ rule?

It's always been 5+ days. I don't know what happens onb2b cruises

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The new wine policy sucks. We have four rooms booked for an upcoming sailing, as I was solo in a cabin, I was going to bring 2. Now everyone will bring just 1, reducing the amount of bottles. 

i sort of wonder how closely this gets enforced though… like we’ve clearly put two bottles in one carryon — or two carryons between the same person — for ease of travel and it’s never been a problem.

not that i would EVER condone bending the rules, BUT — in that same vein, who is to say you weren’t carrying it for someone else in your party?

clearly you run the risk of it being confiscated but there could be a legitimate need here. (besides the obvious 😂) especially since you travel sometimes with the vintages and they may need assistance carrying their things. 

Crown & Anchor Society® Members

Last updated February 28, 2023

As we continue to make vacation memories together, we want to share the latest updates to the Crown & Anchor Society program and benefits.

Emerald and Above:
SAY HELLO TO MORE WATER

We’re thrilled to announce you’ll no longer have to pre-select your welcome beverage prior to your sailing. You will now receive additional complimentary water bottles in your stateroom in place of the welcome beverage benefit — so you can stay hydrated everywhere you go. The complimentary waters benefit will begin March 10, 2023.

Diamond and Above:
CRYSTAL BLOCKS, NOW IN COLOR

This spring, we’ll debut brand new, full-color crystal blocks! We’ll be saying goodbye to current designs over the next several months as we transition to our new look. Members receive their first crystal block at 140 cruise points and earn subsequent blocks for every 70 points thereafter.

UNCORK MORE SAVINGS

Raise a glass and toast to deliciously crafted complimentary cocktails up to $14* or a tempting discount on your favorite bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. The discounted wine benefit will take effect starting March 10, 2023.

*(Ships sailing out of Singapore the beverage value is $13 and ships sailing out of Australia the beverage value is $15)

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club:
NEW AMENITIES NOW AVAILABLE

Your favorite amenities are back in stock — plus we’ve added new ones! We’re introducing stylish new toiletry bags and upgraded totes to help you pack for your next adventure. These new amenities will become available starting March 10, 2023. View the full list amenities here.

crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid-March.2023.pdf

5 hours ago, Chili said:

Who’s is the chief  LA in Miami, is it Courtney Brant ?  cbrant@rccl.com ?

Last time I emailed the chief LA it was Molly.

I took a gamble and tried that email address a few months ago.  I never got an email response but all of a sudden my issue was acted on expeditiously.  

12 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i sort of wonder how closely this gets enforced though… like we’ve clearly put two bottles in one carryon — or two carryons between the same person — for ease of travel and it’s never been a problem.

not that i would EVER condone bending the rules, BUT — in that same vein, who is to say you weren’t carrying it for someone else in your party?

clearly you run the risk of it being confiscated but there could be a legitimate need here. (besides the obvious 😂) especially since you travel sometimes with the vintages and they may need assistance carrying their things. 

I think they realized that many couples were each carrying 2 bottles "for the room" and going through security separately so that they actually brought 4 bottles on board.  By making it 1 per person, they are trying to close that loophole.  In theory, if you put 2 bottles in one carry-on, then you both should go through security together or they can confiscate one.  Whether they will actually do this is anyone's guess at this point.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

I took a gamble and tried that email address a few months ago.  I never got an email response but all of a sudden my issue was acted on expeditiously.  

Thanks twangster  ,so it must be a active email.

I just wanted to link my partner to my account.

4 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I think they realized that many couples were each carrying 2 bottles "for the room" and going through security separately so that they actually brought 4 bottles on board.  By making it 1 per person, they are trying to close that loophole.  In theory, if you put 2 bottles in one carry-on, then you both should go through security together or they can confiscate one.  Whether they will actually do this is anyone's guess at this point.

That was my thought too. Since port security doesn't know who's in which stateroom, it's easier to tell them (and get it enforced) 1 bottle per legal adult than a max of 2 per cabin. Plus, this policy change aligns with how many were already thinking the policy was. I don't think Royal changed the policy because of the interpretation of the rules by others, but I'm sure it made the discussion about implementation easier.

24 minutes ago, FloridaMac said:

Yes indeed!  Just hit Diamond and no longer care about points in the least!

We also just hit Diamond and the only perk we care about is the free drinks and on certain ships the Diamond Lounge.  We will be on Radiance when we go to Alaska this summer.  It will be our first visit ever to Alaska and the lounge on Radiance is located right at the front of the ship with lots of windows.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:31 PM, twangster said:

Worked like a dream twangster , like you said no response but my partner was linked with in 24 hours.