Crown & Anchor updates

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'm within driving distance of all four Florida ports

And not as lazy as me. 🤣

I'm closer than you to all of them and I won't drive anywhere except PC because the one hour is so damn convenient. I'd consider Tampa if they could handle larger ships. No way in hell am I driving to FLL or MIA.

More power to ya!

I just start cruising with Royal this past July.

First Cruise - Oasis of the Seas 7-8-22 - Solo 14 points

Second Cruise - Adventures of the Seas this coming Sat 10-22-22 - Solo 10 points

Third Cruise coming up - Anthem of the Seas 11-22 - Solo 14 points

Forth Cruise coming up - Anthem of the Seas 2-23 - Solo 16 points

Fifth Cruise coming up - Anthem of the Seas 4-23 - Solo 16 points

Sixth Cruise coming up - Ovation of the Seas 5-23 - Solo 16 points

That mean I should hit Diamond within one year of the time frame.  

On 9/22/2022 at 8:09 PM, asquared17 said:

ahahahaha this is me 🤣 another few cruises and should be D+ by 2024 😅 caribbean only too.

i am excited to hopefully receive my crystal block on odyssey in december (i'm 3 points shy right now) and hope they will have them aboard.

What is the crystal block?  We make Diamond+ in March on the Radiance...doing a b-to-b so will get it the following week, we hope!

14 minutes ago, B&S said:

What is the crystal block?  We make Diamond+ in March on the Radiance...doing a b-to-b so will get it the following week, we hope!

when you reach your first 140 points, they are supposed to reward you with a crystal block of the ship you were on when you earned it! i know they have been delayed, so many folks have had to call crown and anchor to get it shipped to them or visit the loyalty desk while on board.

and then you get them every certain amount of points after that!

12 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

when you reach your first 140 points, they are supposed to reward you with a crystal block of the ship you were on when you earned it! i know they have been delayed, so many folks have had to call crown and anchor to get it shipped to them or visit the loyalty desk while on board.

and then you get them every certain amount of points after that!

Thanks!  We're both at 148 so maybe we'll get them on the Allure.  At least we'll talk to the C&A representative.

• 3 months later...

I'm OK with not making Pinnacle in my lifetime - I don't really need another nametag... LOL - I must say, I do love the cruisers that are very proud to wear those nametags though - I just wish they wouldn't complain to the Diamond concierge about every little thing. 

My parents are at 163 and never received a crystal block at 140...I wonder how back-logged they are? I'll hit 140 on our next cruise! 

14 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

I'm OK with not making Pinnacle in my lifetime - I don't really need another nametag... LOL - I must say, I do love the cruisers that are very proud to wear those nametags though - I just wish they wouldn't complain to the Diamond concierge about every little thing. 

My parents are at 163 and never received a crystal block at 140...I wonder how back-logged they are? I'll hit 140 on our next cruise! 

I see many more D+ whiners complaining to the concierges.   That's mostly because for every 10 pinnacle on board there are 100 or more D+.  

It's like driving a company car with a logo.  When they are driven badly everyone remembers the logo.  When 100 other cars drive badly they are just another car on the road.  

8 hours ago, Maggie M said:

I've qualified for 2 blocks so far. One arrived 6 months after I earned it. The other was 2 months. 

I kept calling to make sure it wasn't forgotten 

21 hours ago, WAYNO said:

I just received word that our Crystal Block is on the way!🤩

Nice. 😊

Still waiting for ours (our first) from Anthem back in September/October. We did check on board with the LA who said we were on his list and he got us to confirm our address. However I'm not entirely convinced that they will actually ship it to us in Custard Tart Land. We are back on Anthem at the end of April so I plan on chasing it up then if it hasn't shown up before we set off.

Just an FYI: I've received a shipping notification from a company called Team SCG out of Pompano Beach regarding an owed crystal block. The message line from their email is Your Order Has Shipped.

I can easily see where this unexpected email might be confused as spam.

A little research proved that this is legit and this Team SCG company is a corporate gifting/reward outfit.

They ship via Fed Ex.

7 hours ago, bobroo said:

Just an FYI: I've received a shipping notification from a company called Team SCG out of Pompano Beach regarding an owed crystal block. The message line from their email is Your Order Has Shipped.

I can easily see where this unexpected email might be confused as spam.

A little research proved that this is legit and this Team SCG company is a corporate gifting/reward outfit.

They ship via Fed Ex.

That's very helpful, thanks. I'm always getting spam messages like that so it's good to know what to look out for.

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'll be eligible for a second block on my next cruise but still haven't received the first one yet.

Similar situation for my wife. Eligible for block on June cruise on Mariner and completed the request to have it sent to our home. Still no block. Next trip on Freedom in June will pass 210 for the next block. Looking like she may have to ask about the 140 block in addition to obtaining the new one (will be driving to/from this one so taking it with her will be an option).

My promised glass block arrived yesterday, a couple quick notes:

--This new glass block is BIGGER! It is slightly taller and thicker than the others I have.

--Rather than a plain, two piece navy color box; the box has been redesigned to have a C & S Logo on the top and the lid has a magnetic closure--it's much, much nicer!!!

The blocks have always varied slightly in size.  I have to arrange my older blocks that are stacked on each other in a pyramid like fashion by carefully selecting which block goes in which row, otherwise the size variance throws off the row and you can see an uneven tilt mid-row that impacts the row above.  First world problems.  🙂 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The blocks have always varied slightly in size.  I have to arrange my older blocks that are stacked on each other in a pyramid like fashion by carefully selecting which block goes in which row, otherwise the size variance throws off the row and you can see an uneven tilt mid-row that impacts the row above.  First world problems.  🙂 

By now you should be able to build a house with all your blocks.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

By now you should be able to build a house with all your blocks.

image.thumb.jpeg.98293a2b5d281546ae5f5b0595b16e2a.jpeg

I either need a wider table or I need move the TV higher on the wall.  

I have some duplicates too that I am trying to trade for a few missing ships.  

The old block random size issue becomes apparent when I stack the blocks wrong.

image.thumb.jpeg.4d9aa7a58033f1fdc563e90ade73232b.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't know what is new on this list, but RC says it's updated and begins March 10.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cas-amenities-feb-2023.pdf

A toiletry kit seems to have replace beach towel and slippers at the 175 point level and the limit on tote bags at 340 was reduced from 2 per household to 1 per household.

Speaking of blocks...this just came in email from C&A...

DIAMOND & ABOVE
CRYSTAL BLOCKS, NOW IN COLOR
This spring, we’ll debut brand new, full-color crystal blocks! We’ll be saying goodbye to current designs over the next several months as we transition to our new look. Members receive their first crystal block at 140 cruise points and earn subsequent blocks for every 70 points thereafter.