Free Upgrade due to health and Safety Concerns

Before we set off for adventure on our Brilliance of the Seas March 5, 2022 cruise, we have a quick change to share with you.

At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew are always the top priority. We've been working around the clock to ensure a safe environment for everyone. Based on recent updates to our Healthy Return to Service Guidelines, we've had to change how our guests are spaced out onboard to ensure proper distancing. As a result, your original stateroom is no longer available. We're sorry for the last-minute change, but there's no need to worry. The great news is you'll automatically be relocated to a complimentary upgraded stateroom!

Please know, there's no action necessary on your part. Once the changes are finalized, an updated booking invoice reflecting your new details will be sent to you and your Travel Advisor via email. If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us. 

Has anybody experienced this? I currently have a ocean view. So I wonder what would count as a upgraded stateroom?

10 hours ago, Jill said:

Is it because ocean view are on quarantine decks? This is happening on Wonder too. During the omicron surge weren’t the quarantine decks ocean view cabins? 

Typically yes, they use a lower deck for quarantines. I also think they try to keep the occupied cabins together for staffing purposes, so if there are less bookings or lower capacity, it pays them to move some people around. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 11:16 AM, JennaRCB said:

That happened to me last month on Harmony! I got changed to a balcony room from an interior. They also gave me $100 OBC for the "inconvenience"

This is why Royal is one of the best companies to cruise with.