What to do in between a back to back sailing

Kdwilly

My husband and I are blessed to be be sailing on the odyssey of the seas out of Fort Lauderdale and then over to Miami for the oasis starting March 12th. The earliest we could check in for the second sailing is 1:30 so we’ll have some time to kill. Looking for suggestions on what to do in between and knew this was the place to ask 🙂  Thanks in advance!

I like Bayside too. So close to the port. Take a waterboat tour and see the bay.

If you are renting a car anyway to deal with your luggage (hidden in the trunk to avoid temptation), you may want to see what excursions are offered and be a DYI. I would suggest the Seaquarium on Key Biscayne or Jungle Gardens on Watson Island, both relatively close to the Port ofMiami. 

You could get a day pass to a resort pool, or a day room at a hotel. We aren't doing a back to back but we do have a late flight after our cruise so we got a room for the day where we could nap or visit the pool or just be on Wi-Fi, catching up on everything. We can leave our luggage and walk around to get lunch or whatever else we might want to see. 

6 hours ago, Kdwilly said:

Just remembered also we’ll have luggage to cart around. Any suggestions on where to get rid of that for awhile?

I did exactly what you're asking before my cruise in November as our flight landed at 6am and we didnt board till noon. We dropped the bags at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown since it's right by the entrance to the port and strolled around Bayfront Park and had some breakfast and cocktails until it was time to call the Uber. I walked right in and asked the concierge to hold my bags since we were checking into our cruise later and they don't question whether you're a guest or not. I always tip them upon my return.