Walking Around Nassau?

How walkable is Nassau?

I've always done cruise line excursions but we are thinking of just walking around in Nassau instead.

My daughter has limited mobility but I can wear/carry or use a stroller. Are the sidewalks  easy to navigate with a stroller? Bumpy cobblestone is fine lol more worried about it being extremely uneven. Are there lots of stairs around?

We are considering walking to Fort Charlotte. Is that something that might be doable? Maybe taxi or other transportation instead? We will have 4 adults plus one toddler size child.

Thanks.

We walked happily up to the fort and staircase. Having said that none of our party has mobility issues. If we did the walk it would be challenging. Nassau's roads and sidewalks are not up to stateside standards. Because we walked we don't have a ground transportation recommendation. The staircase and fort are great "freeish" attractions , as local fees apply. I wouldn't move heaven and earth to get there though. Love your adventuresome spirit! 

The main part of downtown Nassau had sidewalks, but as you venture away it gets a bit more sketchy - but I believe there are still sidewalks. We walked from Paradise Island to Nassau and over to Queens staircase and then back to downtown to the Pirates museum. No one bothered us, but there were a few areas I was scared.