Booking while onboard

Jenny0609

You already have a cruise booked for July? You can check your pricing and if the price has dropped readjust your price at any time. Contact your travel agent or if booked directly through Royal  contact royal.  I check my booked cruise prices by doing a mock booking for the booked cruise.  Be sure to understand if your original price included gratuities or not when doing your comparison. 

36 minutes ago, Jenny0609 said:

Thanks, I check for lower price all the time. I have read that you should book your next cruise while onboard because you can get great deals. I just wasn’t sure if they’d allow the onboard deals if it’s a cruise that has already been booked. 

The only "deal" is reduced deposits and some OBC as a booking incentive.  You still get the same fare rate as if you had booked yourself at the current prevailing rates.

You can book onboard with Next Cruise to get the OBC, and then transfer the cruise to your own TA when you get back (within 30 days of booking) if you want your TA to manage the reservation for you.  Other than the getting the OBC ($100 for mine), reduced deposit, and some free Royal Caribbean SWAG, I haven't found any "great" benefits to booking onboard with Next Cruise.

I just booked a new cruise on board and got a greatly reduced deposit $200 vs $900, $250 obc and some swag. The lower deposit made it worth the risk to go non refundable,  which saved about $400. However  the bottom line price was the same as booking from home.  Therefore, it worked out as a good deal for me, but not incredibly better.

I think the original question was about repricing an existing booking while on board. Unless you want to cancel and rebook, I don't think there's any real advantage to doing it on board