HDMI ports on Liberty of the Seas

I cannot speak to the Liberty of the Seas specifically, but the tvs will most likely have HDMI.  However, sometimes, the HDMI ports and inputs are disabled on the tvs, so you might not be able to switch the input to HDMI1 for example.  Nevertheless, it cannot hurt to bring an HDMI cable and try.  An alternate option might be if the TV is Chromecast capable.  Recently on the Odyssey, the tv was capable and I was able to stream Netflix to it through Chromecast and it worked pretty well (but not perfect).

Hope that helps.

17 hours ago, Peter D said:

However, sometimes, the HDMI ports and inputs are disabled on the tvs, so you might not be able to switch the input to HDMI1 for example.  Nevertheless, it cannot hurt to bring an HDMI cable and try.

Liberty's TVs definitely have accessible hdmi ports.  But this is a good point that just because they are accessible doesn't mean they can actually be used.  I've never actually tried to use it, but I might next time just out of curiosity.

I was on Liberty of the Seas and hooked up my Raspberry pi 4 via HDMI without issue in my room. Unless the way the TV is mounted prevents access there should not be an issue. I'm on Adventure of the Seas right now and have it hooked up here as well without issue. If the TV has the Royal Caribbean iptv stuff activated (think in room menus and ordering or ppv movies) you just have to push the channel up or down button and it should switch over to HDMI without issue. 

20220224_180243.thumb.jpg.a9e97dc77625f3cd3ce984d29b479968.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2022 at 10:48 PM, Peter D said:

I cannot speak to the Liberty of the Seas specifically, but the tvs will most likely have HDMI.  However, sometimes, the HDMI ports and inputs are disabled on the tvs, so you might not be able to switch the input to HDMI1 for example.  Nevertheless, it cannot hurt to bring an HDMI cable and try.  An alternate option might be if the TV is Chromecast capable.  Recently on the Odyssey, the tv was capable and I was able to stream Netflix to it through Chromecast and it worked pretty well (but not perfect).

Hope that helps.

@Peter D  Thanks for the info.  I have wondered about playing movies direct through a HDMI connector.  My guess is that your poor Odyssey ChromeCast experience was ship wifi limited.  May I ask why hardware you were using?  Thanks...

I was streaming using my iPhone.  It was very straightforward to do the stream, but sometimes the phone would 'forget' its streaming and become unresponsive.  It would usually work fine for the show that was playing, but it required a restart/reconnection to play another show.  Not terrible, but not perfect.  

For the record, I just got off Symphony and that tv was not chromecast capable and I didn't have HDMI...