Good Paper Straws

PG Cruiser

19 minutes ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

Those look good. Most of the paper straws in restaurants get soggy after just a few minutes. I'll have to get some to use on our next cruise. 

It softened a bit after soaking for an hour but it kept its shape the whole time.

17 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Supplies for upcoming cruises already in hand. I rarely use a straw, but my wife won't drink out of a glass away from home without one (except a wine glass).

Same here, we bought a box of 1000 individualy wrapped plastic straws at Costco, a handful always go into the suitcase

On 2/23/2022 at 12:29 PM, PG Cruiser said:

I brought some onboard after they started using paper straws.  But I felt guilty not doing what I can to help save the environment.

I didn't feel guilty at all - just recycle in the plastic bin.  But recently just brought an oversized thermo mug with lid and fat straw that I can dump my frozen drinks in.  Rinse and re-use.

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

I didn't feel guilty at all - just recycle in the plastic bin.  But recently just brought an oversized thermo mug with lid and fat straw that I can dump my frozen drinks in.  Rinse and re-use.

Added advantage - that frozen drink stays colder, longer.

Assuming the length of time it stays cold is an issue. 😉

On 2/23/2022 at 12:22 PM, Thorntor said:

Will plastic straws become the next item to be smuggled aboard ???????? 😱  😱  😱  😱  

We leave a package of plastic straws in our luggage so we won't forget them for our next cruise.  On our last cruise we had a lady ask us where we got a plastic straw from...Said she couldn't find one any where on the ships.  So I guess we are smugglers...Lol