Masks and Unvaccinated Kids after 2/25 …..

Has anyone else noticed Michael Bayley’s post only says masks are “EXPECTED for unvaccinated children”  …. Then says masks are “REQUIRED” for all kids in Adventure Ocean 

Both Carnival and NCL are already going no masks for anybody (vaccinated or not) anywhere except their kids clubs  ….. it sounds to me like Royal isn’t going to enforce masks on unvaccinated kids either unless they’re in Adventure Ocean 

DF5CB40D-EBEE-4D9C-A9A3-6E10835AF72C.jpeg

WoW.  I have been following this closely and I chuckled the same interpretation to myself anecdotally.  But, now that someone else is interpreting the fine print in favor of my jest, I wonder if it has any teeth??? I expect @Matt will have a different understanding reading his latest blog on the matter.  However I would like to hear others chime in.

5 hours ago, BowTieBrigade said:

I would be surprised if they had a covid policy in name only, as I expect lax enforcement would yield a lot of complaints. Of course, there’s also supposed to be a dress code in the MDR, but I think the two are apples and oranges right now…

It’s just odd he said “expected” to wear a mask when talking about unvaccinated children in general on the ship …….. but “required” to wear a mask when talking about  Adventure Ocean in the next sentence ……. I’m not saying they’re going to have a policy with no teeth ……. I’m just wondering if perhaps when their policy is explained in more detail in their Travel Agent call, if it will be like that of Carnival and NCL ……. meaning that they’d “prefer” unvaccinated kids to wear a mask, but it won’t be “required” unless they’re in Adventure Ocean 

They haven't been enforcing kid mask policies up to now, why would they start now?

It's been frustrating since we all have been required to wear mask because of these little rugrats yet they get to run around unmasked without anyone saying a word.  Meanwhile grown up have been forced to wear masks up to this point.

After 2/25 it just becomes official.  

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I could overlook masking in AO if AO activities were back to normal and kids didn't have to stay in their own personal bubble the entire time they're in there.

I’m on Anthem, my niece was in adventure ocean (age 9) and my SIL reported no masks/no social distancing.

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

Rugrats who obey the policies are fine.  I have no problem with well behaved adults or children.  It's when either of them don't follow policy they are a problem.  

You're not wearing masks because of the rugrats. You're wearing masks because of a policy that thinks rugrats are disease vectors

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You're not wearing masks because of the rugrats. You're wearing masks because of a policy that thinks rugrats are disease vectors

I wore masks because of the CDC's made up unscientific SWAG at a number.  It was the presence of children who caused us to to fall under that made up number.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I wore masks because of the CDC's made up unscientific SWAG at a number.  It was the presence of children who caused us to to fall under that made up number.  

If it's not that, it's something else.  Attributing blame to any one group is futile in this whole process.  If not for the rugrats, they could have found some other reason for justification. Que sera, sera....

59 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There have been reports that RC is sending vax verification emails on some cruises to those with unvaxxed (or, not yet RC-verified vaccinations) kids.

I read a post saying a family was called and informed their sailing was over the 5% unvaxxed. Not sure how they are dealing with that.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

There have been reports that RC is sending vax verification emails on some cruises to those with unvaxxed (or, not yet RC-verified vaccinations) kids.

I got this email yesterday for my spring break cruise.  I just ignored it since my kids vax are already verified in the app.  Just realized I probably should have saved it to share that information here.

I had also noticed this. I *also* notice that the wording would imply all kids are to wear a mask in AO, regardless of vax status.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect them to enforce masks firmly on the smaller ones - my daughter had literally just turned 2 the first day of our sailing on Ovation in September and was never asked to put a mask on if she wasn't wearing one, despite crew asking/knowing her age. You can put a mask on a toddler, but if they don't keep it on or wear it correctly, it's useless, and just causes unnecessary headaches for everyone.

56 minutes ago, dr martini said:

i think we need to keep punishing the children (who have the best immune systems of us all) the most. this whole thing is their fault and they can get all these precious developmental phases back, right?

I know your post is tongue in cheek but I just thought I’d leave this here in regards to the sweet little ones. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/02/23/health/respiratory-emissions-lower-in-children-than-adults/index.html