Appropriate Attire? (Not dining related!)

These might sound like really silly questions, but being a first-time cruiser, I'm not quite sure what to expect/anticipate! 😅

Thankfully, dining related attire has been covered quite a few times already in previous posts... But I have other attire questions such as:

• I'm assuming you could wear your swimshorts/swimsuit with a tanktop/shirt/coverup around the ship on the ship during the day without feeling awkward or out of place?
  • What if you've just gone swimming at the pool, fun at the waterslides, or hung out at the hot tub... Despite towelling dry, there's going to still be some dampness to your swimwear -- do people just continue on their day around the ship with damp swimwear to air dry? Or is that a faux pas, and recommended to go back to the stateroom and change?
  • On port excursions, I assume wearing comfortable attire appropriate to what you plan to do on port, but what if you plan on visiting both a beach area + other non-beach activities? Is it considered appropriate to be walking around the city in full-on beach wear? How would you change? I also reckon taxis wouldn't want you to hop in and have you leaving their seats all wet either?.... Unless that is all normal and good?

37 minutes ago, SaveTheSharks said:

These might sound like really silly questions, but being a first-time cruiser, I'm not quite sure what to expect/anticipate! 😅

Thankfully, dining related attire has been covered quite a few times already in previous posts... But I have other attire questions such as:

• I'm assuming you could wear your swimshorts/swimsuit with a tanktop/shirt/coverup around the ship on the ship during the day without feeling awkward or out of place?
  • What if you've just gone swimming at the pool, fun at the waterslides, or hung out at the hot tub... Despite towelling dry, there's going to still be some dampness to your swimwear -- do people just continue on their day around the ship with damp swimwear to air dry? Or is that a faux pas, and recommended to go back to the stateroom and change?
  • On port excursions, I assume wearing comfortable attire appropriate to what you plan to do on port, but what if you plan on visiting both a beach area + other non-beach activities? Is it considered appropriate to be walking around the city in full-on beach wear? How would you change? I also reckon taxis wouldn't want you to hop in and have you leaving their seats all wet either?.... Unless that is all normal and good?

From the things I've read, it's considered a bit tacky to walk around in your swimwear anywhere other than outside on the top decks. I don't think you'd want to go to an inside bar in swimwear, for example. I don't know if anyone would say anything, but there'd probably be some judging going on, if that bothers you. From what I've seen from other people, it's best to put your normal casual clothing back on when you are going to be done outside on the pool deck. Obviously if you're walking to and from your stateroom, I don't think that's an issue.

For excursions, most people seem to bring a bag to put wet clothing into. Most beaches will probably have areas where you can change into swimwear.

Swim wear outside is fine, just cover up inside.

There are plenty of food options around the pool deck that wetness doesn't matter as much. you could also be a bit damp, not dripping, to go to windJammer and eat outside back at your lounger if you get one. Definately be fully dry for MDR or specialty lunch.

I've never been to a beach port so can't help you with that. From what I've seen on YouTube you should be fine with swim wear on, just maybe put some shorts on if you wear a european style swim suit or bikini/one-piece.

I've only been on a few cruises, but am well versed in the virtual cruise via YouTube. 

3 hours ago, SaveTheSharks said:

I have found that we can usually change in and out of our swimwear while on port excursions with rare exceptions.  We usually bring along a change of clothes in a day bag.  

Following as a first time cruiser. I’ve bought cover ups (mesh style) as well as spaghetti  strap full cover dresses. I will prob bring both in my beach bag so I don’t need to run and change. I ALWAYS over pack and am that girl at the airport moving things between bags (until I got my scale). 
I’m also worried about excursions as mine has a natural pool as our last stop, so clearly we will be wet. I hope they have somewhere to change, as I don’t want to walk on the boat with wet marks on my shirt 😂

On 2/22/2022 at 3:01 PM, SaveTheSharks said:

Just to note, women need to have a coverup and men need a shirt on to dine at the Windjammer or places such as Loco Fresh up on the pool decks.  Wasn’t a problem for us, but the crew member working Loco Fresh on the Oasis kept getting people complaint when she reminded people of the rule.

You may aso need shoes, but I’m foggy on that one.

of course, your experience may vary, but that’s what it was two weeks ago.

Edited by Reigert2008
Removed a weird “you” that was in the wording

18 hours ago, SaveTheSharks said:

Yes you can and many people do.  On sea days, we stay in our beach attire until it's time to get ready for dinner.

Most bathing suits are made out of quick drying material so most people continue their day.

On port excursions, I assume wearing comfortable attire appropriate to what you plan to do on port, but what if you plan on visiting both a beach area + other non-beach activities? Is it considered appropriate to be walking around the city in full-on beach wear? How would you change? I also reckon taxis wouldn't want you to hop in and have you leaving their seats all wet either?.... Unless that is all normal and good?

We always take two towels each off the ship with us.  One to dry off with and one to sit on on.  Some taxi's will have plastic seat covers and don't mind wet customers but will appreciate you sitting on a towel...The others will insist on you sitting on a towel.  We don't change after a beach day but will put on a coverup or tee shirt before we head back to the ship.