No Broadway show for Wonder OTS , I hope it will not become a trend

Traveler

On Matt's   latest post I can see  that Wonder will not get its own Broadway show  ("https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/02/21/wonder-of-the-seas-arrives-us-her-first-sailings). I do hope it will change in the future as the Broadway show was something extra to wait for sailing  the big ships (at least for the first sail).  I do hope it's just due to the market this ship was suppose to serve (and might serve in the future) and not a start of trend. Hopefully the own production show will be at leas the same level as Flight production in the Symphony OTS. Well at least one thing is good - no need to worry that they will bring  Cats over there  🙂.

My gut tells me this is all about cost. They just don't have the budget for a Broadway show.

Yes, I doubt there was a Broadway show in the mix when Wonder was going to China, but I think the effects of the last two years is they've had to cut costs where possible.

The ship construction was financed years ago, so that was already covered.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:21 AM, Matt said:

I enjoyed a show with a clearly defined plot 

^^^^

While some of the medley shows are fantastic (thinking Flight on Symphony), I much prefer shows with a cohesive plot and original music.  I'd love to see Royal give some aspiring musical playwrights a chance on their ships.