First Time Sky Class Questions - Symphony

CCE

We just won our Royal Up Bid to a CLS (shocked & so excited!) on Symphony and are sailing with our 2 kids (12 & 9).  I've read and researched but still have a few questions:

1) Are kids allowed in the Suite Sun Deck?

2) Is night 1 the night most people recommend going to Coastal Kitchen (because of the filet)?

3) I know you can request a cabana at Barefoot Beach (Labadee) but those are an additional cost, correct?  We currently have a beach bungalow booked for $130.99 (Black Friday2020 Deal!).  Is there any reason why I should try for a Barefoot Beach Cabana when we have this at such a great price?  Is it worth it to go to Barefoot for lunch?

4) Tipping - We've never been in a Suite.  What tipping do I need to consider that hasn't been applicable before (Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen, Concierge Lounge, Room Attendants - are there multiple?  We always tip over the daily but assuming need to do even more because of size of room).  Any advice here appreciated!

5) We have the soda package.  Since we now have access to Suite Lounge should we cancel it or is it a pain to come back here throughout the day to get drinks?  Is it open most of day?  I see conflicting info here.

6) Do you book shows through Concierge or should I just do it in the app ASAP?

7) What does Flexible Arrival Boarding mean?

8.  What do you suggest using the concierge for?  Where/how are they most beneficial / efficient?

THANK YOU!

11 hours ago, CCE said:

1) Are kids allowed in the Suite Sun Deck?

Yes

11 hours ago, CCE said:

I know you can request a cabana at Barefoot Beach (Labadee) but those are an additional cost, correct?

Yes

11 hours ago, CCE said:

What tipping do I need to consider that hasn't been applicable before (Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen, Concierge Lounge, Room Attendants - are there multiple?

In sky class, just your stateroom attendant.

Your daily gratuities cover dining room staff and room attendant.

Do people tip certain crew, like room attendant or CK staff, extra? Yes. But it's totally at your discretion and there is not a standard rate.

Tip extra what you feel is appropriate for your family. The staff appreciates what you can offer. They're not going to spit at you if you don't make it rain.

11 hours ago, CCE said:

We have the soda package.  Since we now have access to Suite Lounge should we cancel it or is it a pain to come back here throughout the day to get drinks?

Personally, I'd keep it because inevitably you will be around the ship and hiking back to the lounge isn't how I want to cruise.

11 hours ago, CCE said:

Do you book shows through Concierge or should I just do it in the app ASAP?

Right now you can't book in advance, so I'd get on the ship and use the app to book shows ASAP after connecting to wifi. Going to be faster, but concierge could help.

11 hours ago, CCE said:

What does Flexible Arrival Boarding mean?

A week before the cruise the concierge will email to let you know if you can book earlier than the assigned time you get via the app

11 hours ago, CCE said:

What do you suggest using the concierge for?  Where/how are they most beneficial / efficient?

Use them in lieu of Guest Services. Problems or questions booking anything, as well as billing discrepancies.

I would keep your cabana booking because that's a great price. Going to Barefoot Beach for lunch is really a personal call. Are your kids picky eaters? Do you want more than a burger or hot dog type option for lunch? The suite lunch buffet at Barefoot Beach has more options, but it also depends on if you want to leave your cabana and walk over there to eat. I would do it since its included, especially since you got the suite for a great price. However, the kids may be your deciding factor. 

Thanks for posting.  We're about to sail our first Sky class suite in March and had so many questions.  

One more that wasn't addressed:  What can we wear in CK and suite lounge?  Can you wear shorts for lunch?  Can a guy wear nice jeans for dinner with a button down shirt?

We typically tip extra at meals in the MDR but we typically have the same table and staff.  This probably isn't the same in CK.  So if you were to tip extra, do you tip each night?

We were just on the Symphony 2 weeks ago and the December 4th sailing. We had the same waiter for both trips in CK. On the most recent sailing, he recognized us and switched with another waiter the first night and took over. We tipped him at the end of the week just like in the MDR. We also tipped others including one of the chefs that prepared me a vegetable plate each night. As far as dress, what you mentioned would be fine. I wore dockers with a button down shirt in the evening and shorts at breakfast/lunch. There were some that dressed up more in the evening but a few others wore shorts in the evening. BTW, we had beach cabana #2 at Barefoot Beach that we enjoyed but it was $599. 

4609A42A-40DB-4A93-936A-44D1537E8AEB.jpeg

7F41CA78-3426-40B9-BB12-A6C3F55F942E.jpeg

On 2/22/2022 at 9:26 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Be sure and confirm with the Concierge that filet night is night #1.  I know that at least one of the ships (BC) had moved filet night to a different night.

Sacrilege! I've got my dining planned out for my upcoming B2B on Symphony, and filet mignon in CK is supposed to be on night 1, just the way Michael Bayley intended! 😆

(IMO, the complimentary filet mignon in CK more than sufficiently makes up for the overpriced counterpart in Chops.)