Double points?

Jlight

I'm trying to get to diamond as fast as possible but also taking into consideration the cost of getting a suite for double points. My question is, can I book 2 interior rooms with single occupancy in each room and receive double points? Each room would be designated for my wife and I. I've seen some cruises with JS that cost more total vs occupying 2 single interiors 

2 hours ago, Jlight said:

I'm trying to get to diamond as fast as possible but also taking into consideration the cost of getting a suite for double points. My question is, can I book 2 interior rooms with single occupancy in each room and receive double points? Each room would be designated for my wife and I. I've seen some cruises with JS that cost more total vs occupying 2 single interiors 

Do you feel the benefits of diamond status is worth the cost of a cabin? 

7 hours ago, Jlight said:

One point to consider - you would get double points as well as your wife but you would not be able to add those points together.  So if you booked 2 rooms you would each get 14 points but NOT a total of 28.  Only 14 points would be added to your total.

1 hour ago, Riley said:

One point to consider - you would get double points as well as your wife but you would not be able to add those points together.  So if you booked 2 rooms you would each get 14 points but NOT a total of 28.  Only 14 points would be added to your total.

Adding to this, most couples trying to climb the C&A ladder quickly will have one of them book a suite solo (for 3 points per night) while the other books the cheapest interior then joins them in the suite during the sailing. Though I am curious to learn what Jlight finds so valuable with Diamond status that they're willing to book multiple cabins to reach it fast? Don't get me wrong, the benefits are nice (though from my perspective as a solo cruiser and preferences they're trip enhancements, not savings, until 340; nice, but not essential), but the cost to get there quickly would go a long way towards future cruises and onboard pluses.

13 hours ago, Rackham said:

Though I am curious to learn what Jlight finds so valuable with Diamond status that they're willing to book multiple cabins to reach it fast? Don't get me wrong, the benefits are nice (though from my perspective as a solo cruiser and preferences they're trip enhancements, not savings, until 340; nice, but not essential), but the cost to get there quickly would go a long way towards future cruises and onboard pluses.

Its pretty simple. It's as you said, trip enhancements. Im willing to pay the JS price, actually my wife is willing for me to pay the JS price but I thought I'd compromise. She wants to get to diamond faster as bad as I do so I thought since we didn't really stay in the cabin to enjoy the suite for the past few cruises, I didn't think getting a JS is that much different than a non suite cabin. We only got it for the points. So I figured, to spend less, I'd rather book multiple cabins. It may only be 300 to $400 difference but it's still cheaper. Also, the cost of having to pay for beverage package or paying for a single drink multiple times a day would be reduced drastically if we have 4 drink voucher each (if drink vouchers continues). Plus the time it would take to get to diamond cut in half will also mean reduced cost overall since we do end up spending more on board in addition to what we already pay.