xSAILEDx Liberty of the Seas July 17th - July 24

• 1 month later...

First time cruisers here! Family of four- me, DH and two teens. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the info; a little disappointed from some of the reviews I’m reading; but determined to have a blast! We are casual board gamers. Hope we can join in the fun too. 

To have access to the [email protected] library, and play in any spaces reserved for it, you'll need to book the cruisw through the BGG site, and have to purchase a separate gaming badge. You could play with one of the people from the group, but as the cruise doesn't want us to play in public spaces, it would be hard to do.

Also why are you bringing a designated hitter with you?

10 hours ago, SaltyManatee said:

First time cruisers here! Family of four- me, DH and two teens. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the info; a little disappointed from some of the reviews I’m reading; but determined to have a blast! We are casual board gamers. Hope we can join in the fun too. 

It's the first cruise for my teen boys.  They're 14,15 and 16.  The 16 year old is hoping to meet some cruise ship friends while on board.  We're not there for the BGG conference, but the 16 y/o is a big fan of Catan.

16 hours ago, Clint A Brubakken said:

To have access to the [email protected] library, and play in any spaces reserved for it, you'll need to book the cruisw through the BGG site, and have to purchase a separate gaming badge. You could play with one of the people from the group, but as the cruise doesn't want us to play in public spaces, it would be hard to do.

Also why are you bringing a designated hitter with you?

Ah thanks for the info! Well, maybe we’ll crash a random game conversation then. 🙂

On 4/10/2022 at 10:20 PM, SaltyManatee said:

Hello! My DH and I will be on this cruise as well joined by two friends that this will be their first cruise! We were originally booked for December 2020 (for my 50th birthday) but we all know what happened. So 2 lift and shifts later, here we are! This will be our third time on Liberty. She's an awesome ship. Don't listen to most of the reviews. Some people only do reviews to say something bad. With that said, Liberty is an older ship and does show her wear in areas.  You have a great attitude. If you think you will have a great time, you will. If not, don't blame the ship. 😉

This will be our first time in Belize and are very excited. We have booked a snorkeling trip with an off the ship vendor. We are going to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel. Roatan and Costa Maya, we are going to get off the ship, have a beverage, grab souvenir, and then head back and enjoy Liberty. How about everyone else?

We are on this with other family I talked into their first cruise!  So its me SO (wife) Daughter (turning 18 on embarkation day), Her friend, my son (will be 11 on this one), and My cousin her DH, and daughter.  I do not fb or forum much so I may have called these people by the wrong abbreviation. 😞

Should be a lot of fun!

We talked two more friends into joining us who are also newbies. We are going to watch the Carnival ships leave from Fisherman's Wharf or Willie Gs on Saturday. Both Carnival ships are about the same size as Liberty. Seeing them in person is so much better than just watching on the Galveston cruise cam!

On 4/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, Sports Goddess said:

We talked two more friends into joining us who are also newbies. We are going to watch the Carnival ships leave from Fisherman's Wharf or Willie Gs on Saturday. Both Carnival ships are about the same size as Liberty. Seeing them in person is so much better than just watching on the Galveston cruise cam!

Yeah what leaves from Saturday is that Vista?  What freaks me out is the 2004 (Freedom Class) ships are bigger than most CCL except the 2 new ones just released.

Edit: fixed bad year

Edited by KennyK
fixed year

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 3:23 PM, Sports Goddess said:

Vista and Dream leave on Saturday which means Liberty will be the only ship leaving lessening port traffic. 

Very excited then.  I hate double ship days in Galveston.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, Sports Goddess said:

Hello! My DH and I will be on this cruise as well joined by two friends that this will be their first cruise! We were originally booked for December 2020 (for my 50th birthday) but we all know what happened. So 2 lift and shifts later, here we are! This will be our third time on Liberty. She's an awesome ship. Don't listen to most of the reviews. Some people only do reviews to say something bad. With that said, Liberty is an older ship and does show her wear in areas.  You have a great attitude. If you think you will have a great time, you will. If not, don't blame the ship. 😉

This will be our first time in Belize and are very excited. We have booked a snorkeling trip with an off the ship vendor. We are going to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel. Roatan and Costa Maya, we are going to get off the ship, have a beverage, grab souvenir, and then head back and enjoy Liberty. How about everyone else?

Which vendor are you going through for Belize. I’m just now looking at booking excursions. Will probably do Boddens for roatan. 

On 4/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, Sports Goddess said:

We aren't getting off the ship in Belize. We aren't snorkeling or diving on this trip, so Belize options are limited. We've been to Belize before and did a city tour... do not recommend. It was not good. We are going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, a private tour in Roatan (don't remember the company, DH booked it), and the Krazy Lobster in Costa Maya. 

On 5/16/2022 at 1:41 PM, kadmgs said:

We aren't getting off the ship in Belize. We aren't snorkeling or diving on this trip, so Belize options are limited. We've been to Belize before and did a city tour... do not recommend. It was not good. We are going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, a private tour in Roatan (don't remember the company, DH booked it), and the Krazy Lobster in Costa Maya. 

Well, this isn't happening now. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and we were hoping I wouldn't have to do chemo, but I found out Wednesday that I do. So, we have to cancel. 

59 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

Well, this isn't happening now. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and we were hoping I wouldn't have to do chemo, but I found out Wednesday that I do. So, we have to cancel. 

So very sorry to hear this.  My best for your full recovery.  🥰😘

2 hours ago, kadmgs said:

So sorry to hear this. Praying for you to have a swift and full recovery! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted this on Facebook, and had some responses but is anyone interested in splitting a cab to a beach in cozumel

My preference in order is Nachi Cocom, Paradise Beach (1 person going), Mr Sancho's (19 going) . 

I really want a quieter place with a swim up bar, but don't want to pay $35 in taxi to get to Nachi Cocum, so I'm not sure which I'd prefer over the later two.

2 hours ago, Clint A Brubakken said:

I posted this on Facebook, and had some responses but is anyone interested in splitting a cab to a beach in cozumel

My preference in order is Nachi Cocom, Paradise Beach (1 person going), Mr Sancho's (19 going) . 

I really want a quieter place with a swim up bar, but don't want to pay $35 in taxi to get to Nachi Cocum, so I'm not sure which I'd prefer over the later two.

We're going to Paradise beach but we are a group of 5 (myself, husband and 3 teens boys (ages 16,15,14).  I was at Paradise beach in Feb.  There was a swim up bar at the pool.  The beach had inflatable things to climb on but no swim up bar there.  I'm not sure if you'd want to split a cab with us, though.  We are planning on being there probably 11-3pm.  We have early dinner in MDR and it's lobster night!!!

4 hours ago, Sports Goddess said:

Our group of 6 is going to Mr. Sancho's. If it matters, we are the only ship in Cozumel Friday. It may be lower key with less people.

The other thing I heard is Mr Sancho's is blaring music everywhere. I might want to be able to talk to someone there. 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Liberty of the Seas July 17th - July 24