Still no excursions😞

DawnD

Hi happy Cruisers ☺ I am booked on Liberty, out of Galveston, on May 8th 2022.  To my surprise only a handful of excursions are showing.   ( mainly in Jamaica) We are supposed to be going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and either Freeport or Falmouth🤔. I know Grand Cayman isn't open yet.....could the delay in excursions posting be due to not knowing for sure WHERE we will be going?? If that's the issue, when do they usually confirm where we are going, and when should I be looking for the updated excursion list? 

Excursions are booked through third party companies and need to be run to Royal's protocols for covid compliance (non vaccinated children and their families are required to take ship tours).  Since the Cayman Islands has not reopened, they may not have been able to arrange for tour operators that can operate the tours they want to the standards they need.  Some of the vendors they have used previously may not be in business, and some of the destinations may not want non vaccinated visitors.

I'm sure that Royal would like to visit Grand Cayman, but if they can't, your itinerary will change to Roatan/Costa May or Belize/Cozumel. I'm on Liberty in a 3 weeks and we were supposed to do Jamaica and Grand Cayman but are now doing the other itinerary.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:54 PM, bryresangel said:

I am having the same issue for our cruise in December. There is only one excursion showing for Cozumel, and nothing for Costa Maya. I know I am pretty far out, but it makes me nervous because there are specific things I want to do at each port, and I much prefer booking through the cruise line.

We are on Liberty in July and it is the same for us. We decided to book with independent tours as a result. We booked Paradise Beach in Cozumel, Cleve's tours in Roatan, and are going to just take a taxi to the Malecon and eat at the Krazy Lobster in Costa Maya. 

On 2/20/2022 at 9:56 AM, DawnD said:

Hi happy Cruisers ☺ I am booked on Liberty, out of Galveston, on May 8th 2022.  To my surprise only a handful of excursions are showing.   ( mainly in Jamaica) We are supposed to be going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and either Freeport or Falmouth🤔. I know Grand Cayman isn't open yet.....could the delay in excursions posting be due to not knowing for sure WHERE we will be going?? If that's the issue, when do they usually confirm where we are going, and when should I be looking for the updated excursion list? 

That weird,  they should be there now I would think.  Maybe call RC

• 2 weeks later...