When to buy if you're diamond

JayOTS

I'm an "experienced" diamond member and it is frustrating that the precruise/onboard discounts dont work well together, hopefully you find a method that works for you.

I get a free day of internet if i buy on board OR a discounted internet package with no diamond discount if I buy ahead of time for example ... have to give up the diamond benefit if you use the "everyone gets it" benefit.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:30 PM, Templecruiser said:

There is no discount for drink package for diamond unless on board, but will still be more then online. you get 4 drink vouchers per day tho. You get 1 day of internet 

Can the vouchers be used all day? I thought before you could only use them during a certain window of time. Something like 5-8?

On 2/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, JayOTS said:

Hi there, new diamond member!!! Question is should i continue to but internet and drink packages pre cruise via the cruise planner or onboard with diamond discount

Before you purchase, also remember there are free or low-cost drinks throughout the cruise due to promotions, tastings, etc.  So combined with the drink vouchers, we don't buy a beverage package anymore -- just a coffee card.  On a occasion we buy a soda package 7 internet combo on cruise planner for our son.  But we can get buy with the one free day of internet to book seats, etc.

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Can the vouchers be used all day? I thought before you could only use them during a certain window of time. Something like 5-8?

This blog post should help https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/08/03/how-royal-caribbeans-free-drink-vouchers-diamond-and-higher-members-works

On 2/19/2022 at 8:40 PM, Tyro said:

As mentioned, keep in mind you will have to account for the 4 free drinks you will be getting a day, so if you get the package for 60, and drinks are 12 dollars, you would need to drink your 4 free drinks, plus 5 drinks a day just to break even. 

The deluxe drink package is not just bar drinks.  You also get specialty coffees at the RCL coffee bar, bottled water, fresh juice at breakfast, smoothies. If you never have consumed any of those then a package may not be the cheapest way to go.  If you do, figure those costs in your planning process.