Trouble Uploading Photo for Check In

Thorntor

Have tried for two days to add photo to Check In website.  Everything else is completed and Sail Pass is available for printing.  The RCCL app says "Sorry, we hit a snag. We're unable to complete your request. Please try again later."

Seems like I heard something on the news recently about the use of facial recognition software and hacking risks.  Has anyone else experienced issues when attempting to upload pictures on this app?

We have taken photos in the app to use but not uploaded photos. Did not like the photos and uploaded better ones on the website. On our last cruise the check in clerk did not like the photo and she retook it which did not go over well with the wife. She was glad they do not store the photos to use again. 😀

We uploaded our photos on the app and they still took our photos on boarding day and used it for identification.  We also had a bunch of other issues with the app.  Safety tasks marked incomplete after we completed them, entertainment and dinner reservations not correctly reflected, account information never available.  The app is not reliable.  

37 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I've never uploaded check-in photos on the app. I always use the website.

Sorry.  I said app, but I meant that I tried to upload the photos on the RCCL website.  We uploaded the same photos on the website in January for our last cruise, but having trouble this time.  When we got to the port, they already had our photos, so we did not have to re-take them during the boarding process.

7 minutes ago, Thorntor said:

Sorry.  I said app, but I meant that I tried to upload the photos on the RCCL website.  We uploaded the same photos on the website in January for our last cruise, but having trouble this time.  When we got to the port, they already had our photos, so we did not have to re-take them during the boarding process.

Are you sure that's the extent of the error message you got? It didn't also say something like "Please use a minimum resolution of 900x900?"

I tried to use the same photos from a July cruise for a March cruise and got that error. I just edited the photos to be at higher resolution and it took them (though it took 2 tries with the new photo)

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Are you sure that's the extent of the error message you got? It didn't also say something like "Please use a minimum resolution of 900x900?"

"Sorry, we hit a snag. We're unable to complete your request. Please try again later." is all that the website said.  As I said, we uploaded the same photo last month.  Having them take our pictures during boarding is just too easy.  🤪  🤪  🤪  🤪  🤪