Check your prices

HeWhoWaits

The "WOW" sale that just ended was a bit of a bust but check your prices now under the new "Go Leaps Beyond Your Bounds" sale.

Price dropped $175 per person for aft-facing JS on Southern Caribbean in July (and another $332 lower price if we were willing to give up the aft-facing).

Upgrading from Grand Suite 1BR to Owners Suite 1BR on Southern Carribean in June saved $40 per person for my wife and her friends (with an extra 50% more space).

My travel agent apparently got me a crazy good deal when I booked. So far no sales have come close to saving me any more. I guess the downside of rebooking is you have to re-purchase all your drinks/dining packages, don't you? Then I need to try to get good prices for those too. 

10 hours ago, Pooch said:

I looked but all suites are sold out for my Oct Explorer cruise so I can’t tell.  I’d ask my MEI agent but she was a little testy when I asked last week so I guess I’m bothering her too much.🤷‍♀️

I left my MEI agent.  I can’t take stonewalling.  I hear great things about the rest.  I guess I had a bad apple, it happens.

17 minutes ago, Mayooo said:

But in my experience the actual amount is always lower (than is says online) when i call royal. 200-300 dollars less

I wonder if that’s because you have a high(ish) status with Crown and Anchor which can provide some extra discounts, or maybe based on your state of residency?    There is a way to check that in a mock booking.  It’s the screen before you select the number of staterooms 

Royal had some great deals on Harmony of the Seas December 10th sailings we booked our first ever Star Class suite Aqua Theater 2BR Suite for $9534 dollars total.

While on the Anthem we booked an Aqua Theater 1BR suite at the next cruise desk at $7,172 dollars they didn't have any Star Class suites available.  This week an Aqua Theater 2BR suite came available and since we normally book the DBP and the UDP  at the new higher prices for the DBP it was just worth it to upgrade to Star Class and get the the Star Class treatment where the DBP and UPD are already included. I'll admit the suite is probably to big for just my husband and I, I think it can sleep up to 6 or 8 people but at that price there was no way I was passing up the deal especially seeing normally Star Class suites are so expensive we would never be able to afford one. Full disclosure that is the non-refundable fare as the fully refundable fare was over $20,000 dollars total. No way in the Lords name am I paying $20,000+ dollars for am 8 night cruise.  However I have enough experience as a cruiser that I did get the insurance. LOL 😂 

There's been some discussion on "best" time to book a cruise. One point  made was that you should book as soon as itineraries are released by the line/ship/region you want to sail. Well, yes. That's a very good idea. Here's why:

My TA is alert for new releases and emailed me while I was sailing on Celebrity Reflection of the 2024 Caribbean sailings. I immediately went to the Future Cruise department to check out pricing. An Edge class Sky Suite (S1, everything included with Retreat access) on Celebrity Beyond sailing for 11n in the S. Caribbean and departing Fort Lauderdale on January 8th 2024  was priced at $4399pp with a $300 CC for booking an S1 suite on board and another $800 CC Retreat incentive ($1100 total CCs). I also am eligible to receive a military discount and that was worth $1000. Booking on board reduces your down payment to $100pp. The total price with taxes and port fees was $7922. If you then back-out the value of the CCs and calculate a daily price pp, that comes in at under $265/day pp. That is veranda level per day pp pricing these days for a suite and all the perks that come with that.

I booked the same suite on Apex sailing the S. Caribbean for only 10d in January 2023 a month ago, also while on board Equinox at a price of just over $10K! That's a $2K difference in pricing by grabbing a cabin as soon as the itineraries are released. Plan accordingly. Book on board if you can.