Explorer of the Seas - Dry Dock?

barjpoe

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Can you share the email here?

This came to my TA, I did not get one. Hope this works

Dear Travel Partner,

Explorer of the Seas will need some extra time during its scheduled dry dock next year. Regrettably, this means our January 29th, 2023 through March 4th, 2023 sailings have been cancelled. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your clients' cruise.

Your clients' vacation is important to us, along with the flexibility to make the best decision for them and those in their party. So, we've put together some alternate options for them to consider. Here are their options:

Option 1: Rebook one of the following 2023 itineraries:

• 7-Night cruise onboard Oasis of the Seas sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Cozumel, Mexico, Roatan, Honduras, and Costa Maya, Mexico on January 29th, February 12th, or February 26th
  • 8-Night cruise onboard Odyssey of the Seas sailing to Labadee, Haiti, Oranjestad, Aruba, and Willemstad, Curacao on January 28th or February 25th
  • 8-Night cruise onboard Odyssey of the Seas sailing to Labadee, Haiti, La Romana, Dominican Republic, Oranjestad, Aruba, and Willemstad, Curacao on February 11th

What they'll receive:

• Their original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If their booking was already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund for the difference. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 30 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • To sweeten the offer, they'll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
    • Plus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest
  • And, they'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as flight, train ticket, or rental car).
    • We'll cover up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD per guest for International changes.
    • Please email their receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing

• If they prefer to re-book another sailing not included in Option 1, we'll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, they'll be responsible for any difference in pricing for their cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If their booking was already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund for the difference. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 30 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • And, they'll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as flight, train ticket, or rental car).
    • We'll cover up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD per guest for International changes.
    • Please email their receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.
  • Lastly, your commission will be based on the revised cruise fare paid.

Option 3: If they can't find an itinerary that works for them and choose to cancel, we'll be sad to see them go.

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of their cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
    • They can expect to receive their refund 30 days after they submit their refund request.
  • If they booked their airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to them. However, if they booked on their own, please contact the service provider directly for their options with them.
  • If they used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and they request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate their original certificate.
  • Lastly, you'll receive protected commission if the booking is paid in full only.

It's important to us that your clients find the best vacation option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 by March 3rd, 2022, to select which option they prefer. Please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven't heard from you by March 3rd, 2022, their reservation will be cancelled.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding and support. We hope your clients find another cruise vacation with us. Whether they are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt their time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming them onboard.

Sincerely,

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, HokieMom said:

Thanks all - any idea what the conditions and mood would be on the last sailing before drydock? Jan 21

and.... still haven't heard from our ta.......

We were on a ship that was headed to dry dock shortly after we debarked. While there were certainly some "rough edges" in her appearance, we ended up scoring some great deals on wine -- they were trying to reduce inventory and had a lot of random single bottles. I think we averaged about 45% off all our wine. And we had a fun time with the sommeliers!

I recall a lot of shop sales, too!

• 4 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 8:08 PM, KristiZ said:

We were on a ship that was headed to dry dock shortly after we debarked. While there were certainly some "rough edges" in her appearance, we ended up scoring some great deals on wine -- they were trying to reduce inventory and had a lot of random single bottles. I think we averaged about 45% off all our wine. And we had a fun time with the sommeliers!

I recall a lot of shop sales, too!

Interesting, never thought of this. I was eyeing the 1/21 sailing not realizing the Explorer is due for a dry dock right after.  Any other benefits/shortcomings you can think of sailing right before drydock (other than not being on the newly freshened up ship of course).

On 7/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, Cruisingmama said:

Interesting, never thought of this. I was eyeing the 1/21 sailing not realizing the Explorer is due for a dry dock right after.  Any other benefits/shortcomings you can think of sailing right before drydock (other than not being on the newly freshened up ship of course).

Welcome to the boards!

There were definitely things they were sold out of, both in the shops and in the bars. I think there were some dining room items that were sold out as well. But we still had a great time!

On 7/29/2022 at 1:18 PM, KristiZ said:

Welcome to the boards!

There were definitely things they were sold out of, both in the shops and in the bars. I think there were some dining room items that were sold out as well. But we still had a great time!

Thanks! I read elsewhere that someone had their cruise shortened being the last cruise before dry dock. I think I'll skip it this time since it would require a flight and I hate last minute changes if I can avoid them.