Do you eat breakfast on the ship on disembarkation day?

jbrinkm

Wondering where y'all eat breakfast the last morning (if you do)? Is it your usual breakfast spot on the ship, or somewhere else?

I remember eating in the dining room that morning once (we had a later flight and were last off of the ship that time). Is that still an option? It was really nice.

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

Wondering where y'all eat breakfast the last morning (if you do)? Is it your usual breakfast spot on the ship, or somewhere else?

I remember eating in the dining room that morning once (we had a later flight and were last off of the ship that time). Is that still an option? It was really nice.

I think most people go to the windjammer buffet.  They can just grab and go.  If your flight is later in the afternoon, then certainly the MDR might be more relaxed.  I drive, so it all depends how I feel that morning. 

I ate breakfast in the MDR on disembarkation day for my Jan 2022 cruise on Independence.  It seemed to be mostly families in the MDR.  Wait staff didn't seem to be the caliber of folks that serve at evening meals.  A bit disorganized, and multiple wait staff making rounds and asking folks repetitively if they wanted juice.  Can't say they were inattentive to customers needs.  I was a bit concerned about it possibly taking too long and not getting off the ship in time, but it was fine.  Food was good, and the time from ordering until being served was acceptable.  Even ordered a specialty coffee, and that was delivered to my table in only a few minutes.  Maybe next time I will have to try the Windjammer for comparison.   Is the Windjammer usually crazy and over-run with people in a frenzy at breakfast on disembarkation day?

We liked getting breakfast at the Two70 Cafe on Odyssey on our last morning. (and most other mornings)

Not crowded, good selections, and the staff were able to cater to my wife's need to eat gluten free.

It also allowed us to use our beverage package one last time for a specialty coffee. 

2 hours ago, teddy said:

Pre-covid we went to the Main Dining Room. 

Since the restart we’ve been grabbing a couple plates from the Windjammer and going back to our cabin. 

May I ask why the change?  Is the Windjammer less congested/easier to get through now?  MDR less pleasant?  Just easier to get off quicker?  Sorry to be nosey, I'm just curious!

9 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

May I ask why the change?  Is the Windjammer less congested/easier to get through now?  MDR less pleasant?  Just easier to get off quicker?  Sorry to be nosey, I'm just curious!

We’ve felt like we should stay out of the way until our number is called. Since the restart we’ve booked Balcony cabins instead of Interiors, so we hang out in the balcony and watch the port wake up. 

It’s a self-imposed thing though.  We’ve never been made to feel like we were in the way or shouldn’t be out and about on disembarkation morning.  

On 2/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, SPS said:

We liked getting breakfast at the Two70 Cafe on Odyssey on our last morning. (and most other mornings)

Not crowded, good selections, and the staff were able to cater to my wife's need to eat gluten free.

It also allowed us to use our beverage package one last time for a specialty coffee. 

I went there for a coconut latte every day of our Odyssey cruise (sometimes more than once!) 

The title asks "do you eat breakfast on disembarkation day" but the OP question is "where."

On all of my past cruises, we have always eaten breakfast on debarkation day.  Why wouldn't you?

As to the OP question, since this is our first RCCL cruise, I take it that it depends on when you plan to disembark?  I was hope one last sit down meal at MDR but if it closes at 8, maybe Windjammers?  Do each dining venue close at a different time on debarkation day?

On 2/21/2022 at 10:27 AM, CruisingNewb said:

The title asks "do you eat breakfast on disembarkation day" but the OP question is "where."

On all of my past cruises, we have always eaten breakfast on debarkation day.  Why wouldn't you?

As to the OP question, since this is our first RCCL cruise, I take it that it depends on when you plan to disembark?  I was hope one last sit down meal at MDR but if it closes at 8, maybe Windjammers?  Do each dining venue close at a different time on debarkation day?

Yes, I was asking both. Someone could answer no and explain why, which I find interesting (i.e. always getting early flights, breakfast ends too early, food is not good on the last day, etc). Then the follow up - if you do eat breakfast - where? I learned some new breakfast spots from the answers. Is that what you were questioning here? Why my title and follow up message body had two different questions?

The times for breakfast on the last day may vary from ship to ship. I'm not an experienced enough cruiser to know. What I see for the 2/27 sailing on Allure is:
Main dining until 8:00am, Windjammer until 8:30am, Park Cafe until 8:30am, Cafe Promenade until 8:30am, Solarium & Johnny Rockets & Vitality Spa not open