What happens if one in your party is a no show at the port?

bbowers

My family and I are taking a cruise in May on RCCL. We have 2 rooms reserved, a balcony and an inside cabin.  The inside cabin is in my name, and the balcony is in my wife's name, because we could use up our FCC's easier that way.  The minor we have booked  with my name in the inside room is probably going to be a no show.  We had 5 people going, so that was the reason for the inside room.  With the pricing I got on the rooms, and with the FCC dispersement between the 2 rooms, it would cost us several hundred dollars to cancel her, and move me into the balcony room.  Plus, it's so close to sail date, we don't know if new FCC's could be generated and able to be used in time.  Can I just keep her on the booking, and make her a no show at the port?  What happens to the room rate if I do that?  It would make that room a single occupancy room at that point.  Would I get refunded her share of the cruise fare, taxes & fees, and prepaid grats?  I just really need to know what Royal does about no shows at the port.   Any thoughts on this, or advice?  Has anyone had this happen to them before, and what did Royal do?  

I did this on a cruise in January 2020. We simply told them at check in and it was not an issue.  It took a while, but the port charges for the no-show were refunded to my credit card.

We called Crown and Anchor a few weeks later and were awarded double points for the person that had the cabin to himself.  This took a couple phone calls as it was one of those things where you had to get the right agent, but we did get the extra points.

15 minutes ago, bbowers said:

Would I get refunded her share of the cruise fare, taxes & fees, and prepaid grats?  I just really need to know what Royal does about no shows at the port. 

You would get refunded the taxes and fees and prepaid grats for the no-show. You will not get refunded the cruise fare.

No need to do anything or say anything ahead of time.