BYO refillable Water Bottle?

morgaNhank

My husband and I have 2 upcoming cruises on Anthem and Oasis. In the past we've always purchased the DBP, so I've never paid attention to alternative beverage options. Since our last cruise, we have adopted a healthier/ sober lifestyle. On occasion we will have a diet beverage, but 99.9% of the time we drink water. So my question is.... if I bring my empty/ clean metal or plastic refillable water bottle, are there fill stations or do dining facilities allow this?  Or, will I be walking around with a tiny plastic cup the entire time. I don't want to pay for the soda package just for water. But I'm also not going to drink unfiltered water from a foreign source like a sink..yuck! lol! 

Any tips from water lovers or non drinkers? please and thanks 🙂 

This is what we’re doing for Alaska and Holy Land/Greece cruises this year. We’re not buying a drink package because it’s port intensive and we get 4 drinks a day with our C&A status. 

Will be bringing refillable bottles from home. Ships water (from all sources onboard) is reverse osmosis and tastes fine. 

5 hours ago, morgaNhank said:

...are there fill stations or do dining facilities allow this?

Basically all 'refill' stations and similar have been shut/removed (we asked on a cruise in Feb 2020 for the same reasons you are asking). This was done before Covid due to measures to limit norovirus transmission.

20 minutes ago, Gears said:

Basically all 'refill' stations and similar have been shut/removed (we asked on a cruise in Feb 2020 for the same reasons you are asking). This was done before Covid due to measures to limit norovirus transmission.

This is exactly what I was assuming and, what I was afraid of. If they stopped practicing this before covid, I didn't think there was a chance they would be allowing it now. And if I had to buy the soda package just for the water, I'd rather buy it now and save a few bucks. I searched for threads pertaining to this and got nowhere. At lease there's the transfer from tiny cup method. LOL!! Thanks for the info!

Reverse osmosis water is perfectly fine by me, in fact I prefer cold tap to bottled. I'm just a nerd when it comes to drinking fluids from a source that a stranger has spit, washed grime and germs away in, and possibly puked in. Drinking from the bathroom sink is not an option for me, I know I'm weird. I just can't, its a phobia. Absolutely no shade to anyone who does this ❤️ . My husband does it all the time.     

In the Windjammer they still have a few self-serve stations with water, lemonade and iced tea (they ask you not fill from the tap directly but I just use a plastic cup and pour).  If they don't have stations open, just ask at the staffed drink station for a few glasses of water. You can also ask the guys at the main dining room to fill up your bottle - they always have pitchers of ice water.  The bartenders will also have ice and water.

1 hour ago, morgaNhank said:

This is exactly what I was assuming and, what I was afraid of. If they stopped practicing this before covid, I didn't think there was a chance they would be allowing it now. And if I had to buy the soda package just for the water, I'd rather buy it now and save a few bucks. I searched for threads pertaining to this and got nowhere. At lease there's the transfer from tiny cup method. LOL!! Thanks for the info!

Reverse osmosis water is perfectly fine by me, in fact I prefer cold tap to bottled. I'm just a nerd when it comes to drinking fluids from a source that a stranger has spit, washed grime and germs away in, and possibly puked in. Drinking from the bathroom sink is not an option for me, I know I'm weird. I just can't, its a phobia. Absolutely no shade to anyone who does this ❤️ . My husband does it all the time.     

You can't get bottles water with the soda package. You would have to get the Refreshment Package to get that.

on the Oasis last week they had the self serve "spigot" in the Cafe promenade.  Would I use it? Not on your life, since i witnessed someone refilling thier "nestle" water bottle with thier bottle firmly touching the spigot.  

I would just ask for a glass of water from one of the bars or restaurants.  It's a shame that people cannot follow the rules.  At some point Royal will probably remove the self serve stations for many things if people can't act appropriately.  

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2022 at 10:47 AM, MattG said:

I brought my personal water bottle on our last Anthem cruise and refilled it with no issues. We had the DBP and when I asked for water, they just handed me water bottles, which I dumped into my own water bottle. I also refilled from the bathroom sink in my stateroom.

Did they make you dump it before you boarded on embarkation day?