Another question on tips

Hi, I have paid for my prepaid gratuities, and will be paying for a prepaid drinks package.

I am curious to know about who knows that I have paid tips, do waiters etc stand by waiting for tips or do they all except that tips are paid at the end of the cruise?

I have a preconceived notion that each time a waiter or room attendant etc finish serving you they then wait for a tip is this wrong, being an Aussie I have never had to deal with tipping so I am not sure how it is done, I don't mind paying prepaid tips and know that when we prepay for drinks that tips are included.

I have heard stories where people don't tip and then are treated badly for the rest of the trip for not tipping. so if I prepay do they then know and not wait for a tip, is tipping done with cash or allocated at the end of the trip with the cruise card?

Peter

Hi Peter,

Typically waiters and stateroom attendants accept tips at the end of a voyage. Tips are automatic now, so not much you have to do. Royal Caribbean will distribute the money directly to your staff. If you want to tip over and beyond the recommended amount, then you can do so at anytime.

Ship staff will not wait for tips after each and every time they serve or do something for you.  :)

Peter,

I can see where you're coming from, but fortunately, it's not like the movies, where a host or concierge stands there with his/her hand out/open expecting a tip.

Since you've prepaid for everything, you're all set.

Don't worry about being "treated badly." You'll be fine. Since you've prepaid, it's not allocated with the cruise card. It will be paid in advance.