Disney: Staying Onsite vs. Offsite Opinion

Butch R

Hey guys!  I thought I would add this because many folks like to bundle their Orlando theme park stay with a cruise from Port Canaveral, so consider this a "Cruise Adjacent Topic". So since this is the "Other Travel" forum ...here we go.

Once upon a time, back before the pandemic and even before.  When Walt Disney World actually made it sort of worth staying on property.  Remember those halcyon days?  When you could have Magic Express whisk you away from MCO to your Disney World resort as a part of your package for no added cost?  When you could have the Disney Dining Plan for the sheer convivence? When parking for onsite resort guest who had driven in or rented a car was free? And the Extra Magic Hours back in the day. One of the four parks would open an hour early and stay open late for resort guests. What do you get now?  Well, they let you in the parks a half hour before the great unwashed plebes who stay offsite get to rush in. A half hour. Thanks. 

Listen, I get the draw of staying onsite. I do.  I remember when we got all these benefits and it was actually something I was willing to pay for. 

I can stay in a 3-bedroom condo with a full kitchen, 2-1/2 baths, a washer and dryer for the same price or less than those Motel 6s with theming they call the Value Resorts. (Ok, Pop is cool with the Skyliner but still...) The last three visits to Walt Disney World, we have stayed in the same condos, off property, and not felt any lessening of the "Disney Magic". 

Disney has been eating away at the little perks they used to offer onsite guests to the point where, to me anyway, it is no longer "special enough" to justify the expense of paying to stay onsite.

So, my RC cruisers who also are Disney fans, what say you?

Later Taters,

Butch

Very timely post.  I am in the process of booking a Disney vacay at this very moment !  Since it has been 25 years since I visited WDW (and Dan has never been.  He's a SoCal guy so he grew up at Disneyland but has never been to WDW), I don't even know where to start.

As you said, back in "the day" it was always best to stay on property b/c you parked your car and then didn't think about it again until you got ready to go home.  

I managed to miss the whole "fast pass" and dining plans and Magic Express (Whatever that was...nevermind, I think this must be a transport between the airport and resort ?  Do they no longer have this ?) so I really have nothing to compare today's offerings with.  I know that I have read NOTHING but BAD reviews of the whole Genie+ thing.  I know it's new so you have to give them a little leeway there...but it seems as if it is nothing more than an app that provides you with electronic maps and some recon and intel on which lines are longest or shortest.  If you want to skip the line you STILL have to pay for the Lightning Lanes, which is a NO WAY for us. $7- $15 Per person, per ride ?  Nope.

I am still willing to pay big $$ to stay on property though....at least, I think I am.  I like to be able to go out early in the morning, come back to the room and rest/swim, etc. during the hot part of the day and then return to the park for the evening.  That is really just WAAAYTOOO much trouble if you have to get in your car and come/go.  Once I leave for the day, I am NOT coming back.

So...what is Club Level Concierge service all about ?  @michellementioned that it includes a complimentary breakfast and some sort of lounge....but I don't know if there's anything else included.

Also, they have just lifted their mask requirements inside (outside was already lifted).  Now the only place that still requires masks is on the transportation systems.  That's cool.

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Very timely post.  I am in the process of booking a Disney vacay at this very moment !  Since it has been 25 years since I visited WDW (and Dan has never been.  He's a SoCal guy so he grew up at Disneyland but has never been to WDW), I don't even know where to start.

As you said, back in "the day" it was always best to stay on property b/c you parked your car and then didn't think about it again until you got ready to go home.  

I managed to miss the whole "fast pass" and dining plans and Magic Express (Whatever that was...nevermind, I think this must be a transport between the airport and resort ?  Do they no longer have this ?) so I really have nothing to compare today's offerings with.  I know that I have read NOTHING but BAD reviews of the whole Genie+ thing.  I know it's new so you have to give them a little leeway there...but it seems as if it is nothing more than an app that provides you with electronic maps and some recon and intel on which lines are longest or shortest.  If you want to skip the line you STILL have to pay for the Lightning Lanes, which is a NO WAY for us. $7- $15 Per person, per ride ?  Nope.

I am still willing to pay big $$ to stay on property though....at least, I think I am.  I like to be able to go out early in the morning, come back to the room and rest/swim, etc. during the hot part of the day and then return to the park for the evening.  That is really just WAAAYTOOO much trouble if you have to get in your car and come/go.  Once I leave for the day, I am NOT coming back.

So...what is Club Level Concierge service all about ?  @michellementioned that it includes a complimentary breakfast and some sort of lounge....but I don't know if there's anything else included.

Also, they have just lifted their mask requirements inside (outside was already lifted).  Now the only place that still requires masks is on the transportation systems.  That's cool.

A couple of things.. The Genie+ thing is a money grab but you have it little bit incorrect. Genie + costs $15 per person per day and you get a slew of rides that you get to cut.. Then each park has 2 rides that are additional that don't come with regular Genie Plus but you don't have to buy those. You could just buy Genie + for $15 a person per day and cut most of the lines.. That is what I plan to do when I go. I personally always stay on property for the convince factor you mentioned. I like being able to park my car and just use Disney transportation. I personally find Club level to be a waste. I did it at the contemporary and I am not a breakfast person so for me I had no use for it. They don't make the rooms any nicer in club level they just provide you this area to go to that has breakfast, snacks, and people to help you book things if needed but I find you really need to book things way in advance anyways. let me know if you have specific questions because I have been to Disney about 200 times in my life lol . - Steph 

Disney is a shell of its former self. Quite frankly, I dont think any of it is worth it at all, especially if you have any recollection of what it used to be like.

That being said, staying onsite is overpriced. I'd much rather stay at one of the many off site resorts that get you a better value.

8 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

A couple of things.. The Genie+ thing is a money grab but you have it little bit incorrect. Genie + costs $15 per person per day and you get a slew of rides that you get to cut.. Then each park has 2 rides that are additional that don't come with regular Genie Plus but you don't have to buy those. You could just buy Genie + for $15 a person per day and cut most of the lines.. That is what I plan to do when I go. I personally always stay on property for the convince factor you mentioned. I like being able to park my car and just use Disney transportation. I personally find Club level to be a waste. I did it at the contemporary and I am not a breakfast person so for me I had no use for it. They don't make the rooms any nicer in club level they just provide you this area to go to that has breakfast, snacks, and people to help you book things if needed but I find you really need to book things way in advance anyways. let me know if you have specific questions because I have been to Disney about 200 times in my life lol . - Steph 

Thanks, Steph !  I really appreciate the clarification on Genie+.  Still not sure whether it's worth the money but at least it does include some ways to cut some of the lines....I didn't get this from the descriptions.  As far as the Concierge thing goes, I will have to see how much they are charging for that to see if it's worth anything.  We are BIG breakfast people so I would love to have a nice place to eat b'fast.  If it is just a kind of quickie continental b'fast like they serve in the Suites Lounge....ah, no.  I want a full service, full menu sit-down b'fast.  If that's not what's included, I'm sure it will be a -no- for us.

I really appreciate your insight.  It helps a lot since I am pretty much a newbie at this point.  The last time I was at WDW was 1996 and they hadn't even opened the Animal Kingdom.

I don't know too much about the Club Level Concierge service except they offer it at Deluxe resorts I believe.  Hey, I totally get just using the Disney transportation to go back to your resort and crash during the day.  Honestly, the Disney transportation is one reason I would stay onsite again. 

What resorts are you looking at?  We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter in 2015 and loved it.  Buses ran regularly to the parks, and the boats from the dock take you right to Disney Springs (Best restaurants on property are in Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom Resorts IMO.)  OH, and Steakhouse 71 in the Contemporary resort was 🔥!

They were just rolling out Genie+ the last time were were there in early November 2021.  I am not a fan when compared to the old Fastpass system, but like you said it is early. I just see it as another cash grab by Disney since the Fastpass was free and this is not. However, I see they just rolled out a new ticketing option that bundles Genie+ with some of their Park Hopper tickets, so that my be something to look at.

Since you didn't ask!  My favorites in each park:

Magic Kingdom

• Pirates
  • Haunted Mansion (the classics!)
  • Seven Dwarves Mine Train

EPCOT

• Spaceship Earth
  • Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
  • Soarin'
  • Test Track

Hollywood Studios

• Micky & Minnie's Runaway Rail train
  • Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run
  • Rise of the Resistance (a must do!)

Animal Kingdom (A half day park for us)

• Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Expedition Everest

Have a wonderful time!

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Disney is a shell of its former self. Quite frankly, I dont think any of it is worth it at all, especially if you have any recollection of what it used to be like.

That being said, staying onsite is overpriced. I'd much rather stay at one of the many off site resorts that get you a better value.

Yeah, in the last 10 years Disney has hacked away at the amenities that made it special.  We used to go every couple of years but have decided to take a break for a few years.  Probably do Universal again before Disney.  We have not been to Universal in 6 years.

22 minutes ago, Butch R said:

What resorts are you looking at? 

UGH.  It was so much easier when there was just the 3 monorail hotels !  I don't know anything about any of the other resorts.

I was devastated to learn that the old Adventurer's Club (in what used to be Pleasure Island) is gone !  One of my favorite sayings TO THIS DAY is, "we aren't lost...we're on an adventure !".  So much has changed....

I am planning on renting a scooter (ECV) for our time there b/c I just can't do that much walking anymore, so where we stay will be a function of how easy/difficult it is to get onto the trans systems with a scooter !  It sounds like all of the trans modes will take a scooter but busses seem to be the most difficult so I will try and steer clear of the busses as much as possible.

@michellehighly recommended Boardwalk for its proximity to the most theme parks....but it just doesn't seem to have the pizzazz that I'm looking for (spoken by someone who has never even been there !). Dan likes the Bora Bora villas at Poly and I am a bit partial to the monorail hotels anyway so if we can get one of those, we will probably stay there.  I love the looks of the Animal Kingdom Lodge but it would be bus-only transport in and out of there so that's probably not going to happen.

We're planning on 5 nights (4 days in the parks) which hopefully will give us enough time to see most of the stuff in the parks.  ...and we only live a few hours away so hopefully we will go back from time-to-time to see what we missed this time.

Anyone who has any ideas....they're welcome !

51 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Dan likes the Bora Bora villas at Poly and I am a bit partial to the monorail hotels anyway so if we can get one of those, we will probably stay there.

We are booked at the Poly for this coming September.  It is very hard to book a room there right now.  We actually booked before the holidays and didn't get our first choice of week.  It seems to be totally booked now for that month.  Due to pent up demand, they aren't offering any sort of discounts at the Poly because people are paying full price.

The overwater bungalows at Poly are actually DVC (Disney Vacation Club) properties.  That means almost all of them are only bookable by DVC owners or those willing to rent points from owners.  (There are several reputable companies that will help handle those type of transactions.)  Disney itself only owns a few percent of the rooms at each DVC property and makes those available on their website for cash rentals.  However, since there are only 20 bungalows, there are probably only 1 or 2 that are actually rentable from Disney.  This means you will probably have to book very far out and the website will almost never show any availability.

At this point, all the Deluxe resorts have a DVC section.  At Poly, 3 of the buildings (those closest to the Ticket & Transportation Center) were converted to DVC some years ago.  The same is true at the Grand Floridian (they are actually about to convert another building there).  At the Contemporary, they actually built another tower (Bay Lake Tower) to be the DVC section so the main tower is still all Disney owned.

The side effect is fewer rooms available for normal rental at the Deluxe properties.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Dan likes the Bora Bora villas at Poly and I am a bit partial to the monorail hotels anyway so if we can get one of those, we will probably stay there. 

Poly always seems to be booked! We have always wanted to stay at the Poly, and we love dining at Kona Cafe there.

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks, Steph !  I really appreciate the clarification on Genie+.  Still not sure whether it's worth the money but at least it does include some ways to cut some of the lines....I didn't get this from the descriptions.  As far as the Concierge thing goes, I will have to see how much they are charging for that to see if it's worth anything.  We are BIG breakfast people so I would love to have a nice place to eat b'fast.  If it is just a kind of quickie continental b'fast like they serve in the Suites Lounge....ah, no.  I want a full service, full menu sit-down b'fast.  If that's not what's included, I'm sure it will be a -no- for us.

I really appreciate your insight.  It helps a lot since I am pretty much a newbie at this point.  The last time I was at WDW was 1996 and they hadn't even opened the Animal Kingdom.

I also use a scooter and is the main reason I stay on property. So I have stayed at the contemporary and Beach Club which in my opinion is nicer than boardwalk.. If you are looking for ease of accessibility do the monorail hotels. The monorails are very easy to use with the scooter... The buses are also easy. I never have a problem getting my scooter on the bus. The bus drivers are very helpful and accommodating. The other reason I would get Genie + is using it with the scooter is much easier.. And it includes all the rides except the two big headliners at each park. At Magic Kingdom that would be 7 dwarfs mine train which I cant fit on anyway its made for very thin people lol and then space mountain.. At Hollywood studios its Rise of the Resistance and Mickey and Minnie runway railroad. Then at Epcot I believe its the new remy ride and I think frozen. Then animal kingdom I think its flight of passage and one other but all other rides are included with regular Genie +. Back to the Hotel the concierge level does not include a full sit down breakfast. Its exactly what you said a lounge where they have grab and go options. I did it once and for me it was a one and done. The price was way too much more for what you get. Let me know what other questions you may have. I am happy to help. - Steph 

This is an awesome thread... thank you! I'm a west coaster (Disneyland is my jam) looking to check out WDW.  At Disneyland we have to pay separately for entrance to each park (DL and CA Adventure).  Do you have to pay separately for each different park, or do you have access to all with one ticket? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'm just curious.  I'm moving to the east coast soon, so if I want to hang out with the Mouse, I'm going to have to learn more about WDW. @WAAAYTOOO, I'll be curious to hear what your hubby thinks of WDW, seeing as how he grew up with DL. 

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks for that info, Steph.  With that information I think I’ll skip the Concierge thing.  Sounds like $$ for nothing.

Also appreciate the intel on using the scooter and transportation. That’s really helpful.  Thanks for confirming that staying on the monorail is a good way to go.

Happy to help. I can also recommend some good restaurants if you need. If you need any other tips feel free to ask. - Steph 

8 hours ago, BeachGal said:

This is an awesome thread... thank you! I'm a west coaster (Disneyland is my jam) looking to check out WDW.  At Disneyland we have to pay separately for entrance to each park (DL and CA Adventure).  Do you have to pay separately for each different park, or do you have access to all with one ticket? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'm just curious.  I'm moving to the east coast soon, so if I want to hang out with the Mouse, I'm going to have to learn more about WDW. @WAAAYTOOO, I'll be curious to hear what your hubby thinks of WDW, seeing as how he grew up with DL. 

You can pay one flat rate and have access to all the parks. When I went in Oct 2021, they allowed you to park hop around 2pm. 

Ok I will join this thread.  We planned our Mid-May trip to WDW back in April 2021!  Taking our daughter, SIL, and our 2 grandsons (ages 9 and 10).  We did this trip 6 years ago with our other daughter, SIL, and 3 granddaughters so it only makes sense to get to experience it again this time with the boys!  Booked the Yacht Club Resort since we loved it there with the girls…great pool area and proximity to the Boardwalk and Epcot.  This resort has a bus that brings you to all the parks…you can ferry to Epcot and Boardwalk.

We are staying 6 nights (7 days) and purchased 4 day park hopper tickets.  We wanted a little down time for relaxing and pool.  One thing…I have checked pricing quite often and NEVER found a sale to the price we reserved with!!  Seems Disney pricing is not very flexible!  Although my recent price checks found higher pricing and almost no availability at our resort!  So, right… there is no more Magic Express from MCO but a few weeks ago I was able to reserve a new type of bus transportation called The Sunshine Flyer.  Total cost is $186rt for the 6 of us to go from airport to resort and then back to airport when leaving.  Since the dining package is still not available…I have created a list for all the restaurants we might want to book for our dinners and at least one character breakfast experience.  On March 20 we can begin making reservations (so that would be 60 days from our arrival).  We had the dining package when we were there with our granddaughters and it was very convenient and helpful.  

We did not go with the Genie+ option because I was told you can only reserve one ride at a time…and once you’ve done that one you can then use it for your next ride.  We will wing it.

Anyone have any suggestions for me…for anything…I would welcome them!

18 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

This is actually only partially correct. There is not cutting of lines per se. You do pay the $15 pp per day to get access to stand in a shorter line. It is one ride every two hours, but the more popular rides cost a la carte. Once you check in for your lightning lane rides you can schedule another. It is a lot of phone time and weird hours scheduling rides. I went in thinking I would be cutting lines but that was definitely not the case. It was pretty much just a money grab. 

We went with a group of 5 adults in Oct 2021. We stayed in an offsite resort. The extra 30 min or so before opening wouldn't be worth it considering the limited options. The magic was not there.

One thing I would like to mention is dinner reservations. Right now, given all the uncertainty I would suggest maybe winging it......unless you are 100%. We were waitlisted for a restaurant and got assigned a reservation the night before. About an hour later, 2 people weren't feeling good and so they weren't doing WDW, let alone dinner. They charged me $50 to cancel because I didn't give them 48hrs notice, when I was given the reservation in less than 24. If they are still doing reduced options, even at 60 days most stuff will be booked or sold out. We had better luck just walking up and seeing what was available. 

31 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

This is actually only partially correct. There is not cutting of lines per se. You do pay the $15 pp per day to get access to stand in a shorter line. It is one ride every two hours, but the more popular rides cost a la carte. Once you check in for your lightning lane rides you can schedule another. It is a lot of phone time and weird hours scheduling rides. I went in thinking I would be cutting lines but that was definitely not the case. It was pretty much just a money grab. 

You are correct you are standing in shorter lines.. However when the standby line is lets say 80 min and the lightening lane line is 15 I would rather do the lightening lane. Plus its a known proven fact that they let all the lightening lane people in first before the standby line to keep the line moving. I have watched countless Disney YouTubers test the system. For me because I have mobility issues I cant be waiting in a 60-80 min line so I pay to go to the shorter line. 

one more thing about Genie +. It is true you can only book one after you use one. This is how the old fast pass system was about 20 years ago when they had paper tickets. I am hoping they will go back to letting you pick 3 at a time in advance and then pick 1 after you use one that would be easier. 

7 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

You are correct you are standing in shorter lines.. However when the standby line is lets say 80 min and the lightening lane line is 15 I would rather do the lightening lane. Plus its a known proven fact that they let all the lightening lane people in first before the standby line to keep the line moving. I have watched countless Disney YouTubers test the system. For me because I have mobility issues I cant be waiting in a 60-80 min line so I pay to go to the shorter line. 

Yes, that is true but, in some cases, you might not even need the Genie+/Lightning lanes. As I stated it is a lot of time on the app. You can see the waits, and not have to stand in line for 30+ mins. 

Also, one thing is they will suggest rides for you, so sometimes the shortest time will be a ride all the way on the other side of the park. I don't think it is NOT worth it, but I do think it can become a cash grab if you only care about the popular rides.

6 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

one more thing about Genie +. It is true you can only book one after you use one. This is how the old fast pass system was about 20 years ago when they had paper tickets. I am hoping they will go back to letting you pick 3 at a time in advance and then pick 1 after you use one that would be easier. 

Yes. You have to check in for the ride or it be 2hrs later before you can book another.

That was my major issue. I had a party member who would book rides and not go, so we had to wait until his expired before we could book another. I only used Genie+ on 3 rides for a 3 day stay because of this......also because I stood in line for the popular ones that cost a la carte as well.  I just timed them before I got in line. My longest wait was an hour for Star Wars and that was because we went there first before anything. While standing in line, they closed the line as it was 2hrs after 5min. 

9 hours ago, BeachGal said:

Hi BeachGal!  A single day Base ticket, or a multi-day Base ticket will get you in one park a day.  But, we never do Base tickets! We always purchase multi-day Parkhopper Tickets.  The policy right now with Parkhopping at WDW is you schedule your first park of the day in the My Disney Experience app or online through their website. Then after 2 p.m., you can "hop" to as many other parks as you like.  You do not have to schedule those park visits, only the first one of the day. 

We always use undercovertourist.com to purchase our tickets and they are great! 

And, I noticed some of us may have other issues to contend with. I have two grown sons with Autism, and we have found the use of the Disability Access Service at Walt Disney World to be a life saver.  There are also other services provided by WDW for folks with mobility issues.

Here are a couple of REALLY handy links:

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Yes. You have to check in for the ride or it be 2hrs later before you can book another.

That was my major issue. I had a party member who would book rides and not go, so we had to wait until his expired before we could book another. I only used Genie+ on 3 rides for a 3 day stay because of this......also because I stood in line for the popular ones that cost a la carte as well.  I just timed them before I got in line. My longest wait was an hour for Star Wars and that was because we went there first before anything. While standing in line, they closed the line as it was 2hrs after 5min. 

I would of been upset if I had someone in my party doing that lol. But luckily I just go with my boyfriend and he lets me pick the order of our rides lol. The whole way Disney does this new system annoys me. I hate that they are charging for things that for 20 years was free. I wish they would do what Universal does with their express pass that truly is a pass where you can cut the line. 

7 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

A party doesn't have to stay together the entire day when using Genie+!  When you book each ride, you select who is going.  If someone keeps selecting the whole party, that person is messing things up.  At least that's my understanding.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

If someone keeps selecting the whole party, that person is messing things up.  At least that's my understanding.

That is true, because you can choose who in your party will be riding. What I do not know is if you can make two different Genie+ reservations at the same time for two different groups.

@WAAAYTOOO Pre-covid we stayed concierge level at the Contemporary, the Yacht Club & the Beach Club with their own concierge club. Our favorite was the Yacht Club as the Admiral Suite where we stayed afforded 3 bathrooms and an amazing view of the area and fireworks. Since then we avoid it due to the change in policy of allowing pets, not sure if they still do but the barking and switching of rooms due to odor made us cross that one from the list.

We enjoyed the concierge amenities, hopefully Michelle will know but previously you were greeted at the entrance and escorted to the concierge usually upstairs away from the hustle and bustle area where they checked you in and helped make any reservations you could not or did not realize you needed. They did have a picky food breakfast (I know you don't enjoy that) but usually a beautiful on site restaurant for a nice sit down breakfast. They did offer cocktails with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and evening sweets, usually starting about 1700hrs; actually they had non alcoholic and snacky snacks available all day also, usually until about 2200hrs. All part of the concierge experience.

The Contemporary views were incredible for fireworks, the Epcot area views were our favorite. The Beach club probably had the best food, all in all we enjoyed the concierge experience. It was the little things, if it was raining they handed you a poncho if you asked, things like that were nice. 

Our other concierge experience was the Animal Kingdom Resort but I grew tired of being so far away from everything, but their concierge food offerings were also amazing. I like the Epcot area due to being able to visit even the Swan & Dolphin and walking into that Epcot back entrance, heck you can walk to Hollywood studios also, then take the boat if you wish too! 

I enjoyed the Contemporary for the proximity to MK, and those other resorts but in my opinion (pre covid I can't speak for now) the concierge seemed to allow me to slow down and really enjoy the experience from more angles.  Enjoy, that's a great time to go! Hopefully Michele can confirm concierge amenities, or if the "COVID excuse" is being used to cut back. 

37 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@WAAAYTOOO Pre-covid we stayed concierge level at the Contemporary, the Yacht Club & the Beach Club with their own concierge club. Our favorite was the Yacht Club as the Admiral Suite where we stayed afforded 3 bathrooms and an amazing view of the area and fireworks. Since then we avoid it due to the change in policy of allowing pets, not sure if they still do but the barking and switching of rooms due to odor made us cross that one from the list.

We enjoyed the concierge amenities, hopefully Michelle will know but previously you were greeted at the entrance and escorted to the concierge usually upstairs away from the hustle and bustle area where they checked you in and helped make any reservations you could not or did not realize you needed. They did have a picky food breakfast (I know you don't enjoy that) but usually a beautiful on site restaurant for a nice sit down breakfast. They did offer cocktails with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and evening sweets, usually starting about 1700hrs; actually they had non alcoholic and snacky snacks available all day also, usually until about 2200hrs. All part of the concierge experience.

The Contemporary views were incredible for fireworks, the Epcot area views were our favorite. The Beach club probably had the best food, all in all we enjoyed the concierge experience. It was the little things, if it was raining they handed you a poncho if you asked, things like that were nice. 

Our other concierge experience was the Animal Kingdom Resort but I grew tired of being so far away from everything, but their concierge food offerings were also amazing. I like the Epcot area due to being able to visit even the Swan & Dolphin and walking into that Epcot back entrance, heck you can walk to Hollywood studios also, then take the boat if you wish too! 

I enjoyed the Contemporary for the proximity to MK, and those other resorts but in my opinion (pre covid I can't speak for now) the concierge seemed to allow me to slow down and really enjoy the experience from more angles.  Enjoy, that's a great time to go! Hopefully Michele can confirm concierge amenities, or if the "COVID excuse" is being used to cut back. 

WOW. Thanks, Denise.  I (or should I say, Michelle) have already made the Poly reservations for non-Concierge....but I'm sure they would let me upgrade if we decide to do that.  I fear, as you suggested, that the amenities have been curtailed using COVID as an excuse.  But maybe not.  We have time to decide (I think).  The one aspect of the Concierge service that I fear we may miss is the "...helped make any reservations you could not or did not realize you needed".  Since we are basically newbs, there is going to be a LOT that we just don't know that we don't know.

I find their website to be very difficult to navigate but I suspect that is just b/c I am not familiar enough with it, yet.  I did manage to find the page where we [can] order our WOW bands (or whatever they call them at WDW) and it was an epic fail.  I got all the way to the end and for whatever reason, the transaction did not go through.  It ended up being a blessing in disguise, as I had "chosen" a band for Dan and it turned out he wants Jiminy Cricket (seriously ??)....so I would have ordered something he didn't want anyway.  UGH.  I will try again later today.  I assume there is somewhere on there where I can add the Genie+ service to our reservation if we decide to do that.

Thanks for giving me a feeling of FOMO, @Neesa, re:  Concierge.  I thought I was "fine" with not having it and now I am worried that I will miss out on something !  LOL  I'm sure you're just returning the favor from some posting I may have had re: SC !  I guess I deserve it.🤩

I feel I should also mention the parking lot trams.  At this time of this post, only the Magic Kingdom has trams running in the parking lots. For the folks with mobility issues who are driving and using the parking lots at the parks, please take note of this. 

When we went last time, the parking lot trams were not running in any of the parks. This caused me to coin the phrase "The Bataan Death March of Fun" as we made treks from the far reaches of the parking lots to and from the parks.

I was told it was because of staffing issues.  

3 hours ago, Butch R said:

I feel I should also mention the parking lot trams.  At this time of this post, only the Magic Kingdom has trams running in the parking lots. For the folks with mobility issues who are driving and using the parking lots at the parks, please take note of this. 

When we went last time, the parking lot trams were not running in any of the parks. This caused me to coin the phrase "The Bataan Death March of Fun" as we made treks from the far reaches of the parking lots to and from the parks.

I was told it was because of staffing issues.  

Yet another reason to stay on property !