Australia Cruises - Double C&A Points confirmed through 30 April 2023 (if booked by 31 March 2022)

Great news. Royal Caribbean has confirmed 'Double Points' will be avalable for all sailings departming Australia through 30th April 2023 for bookings made before 31st March 2022. (I.e Make a booking by end of March this year for a sailing through end of Arpil next year out of Asutralia and you'll gt double points.

RCL has austomatically updated any booksing that have been made previously to include this offer.

Double Points Update

Dear Crown & Anchor Society Member,

We have great news to share with you! Over the last year, we’ve received many comments and feedback on our Double Points promotion which you were unable to participate in due to the halt on domestic and international cruising for Australians. Today, we are excited to advise that we will be offering the Double Points promotion for bookings made by our Australian members through 31st March 2022 for sailings departing prior to 30th April 2023. This means that your booking will qualify for double points!

You do not need to do anything at this time, as your points will be applied to your loyalty account within 14 days of the end of your cruise.

We also know Australians simply can’t wait to get back to enjoying the world class experiences onboard our ships. From catching waves on the FlowRider surf simulator, to battling it out on the indoor dodgems or watching breathtaking shows that come alive with robotic dancing screens at Two70 – our ships are jam-packed with non-stop entertainment.

Our Quantum Class ships will be sailing from both Brisbane and Sydney in 2022-23 offering up adventures in New Zealand, tropical vibes in the South Pacific or fun filled weekend coastal getaways closer to home.

Thank you for your continued support, trust, and patience as we worked through protocols and local government guidance. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I was really hoping this would be the outcome.  So glad to see this.  

Time to catch up!

I looked up airfares for Australia last year.  They're almost the price of a 7-Night cruise here.   I will just book two cruises from Florida ports to get the equivalent of double points.

29 minutes ago, Chili said:

So it only sounds like Australians and kiwis,would Americans cruising in Australia?  It doesn’t sound like it.

I did notice that wordign but I'm not sure if that si because it was sent to NZ/Aust residents so used that wording or if they actually meant it was only for NZ/Aust residents.

42 minutes ago, Chili said:

So it only sounds like Australians and kiwis,would Americans cruising in Australia?  It doesn’t sound like it.

I assume its limited to Australians. 

I'm holding off even thinking about Australia until 2025 or beyond.  Here in the North I hope we are done with most protocols in 2023 and 2024 but I suspect Australia will still be knee deep into them in 2023 and 2024.  If we are done with masks up here or example, I'm not about to fly to Australia to put a mask on to cruise.  Hopefully even Australia will be more normal by 2025.

2 hours ago, EmersonNZ said:

Great news. Royal Caribbean has confirmed 'Double Points' will be avalable for all sailings departming Australia through 30th April 2023 for bookings made before 31st March 2022. (I.e Make a booking by end of March this year for a sailing through end of Arpil next year out of Asutralia and you'll gt double points.

RCL has austomatically updated any booksing that have been made previously to include this offer.

Double Points Update

Dear Crown & Anchor Society Member,

We have great news to share with you! Over the last year, we’ve received many comments and feedback on our Double Points promotion which you were unable to participate in due to the halt on domestic and international cruising for Australians. Today, we are excited to advise that we will be offering the Double Points promotion for bookings made by our Australian members through 31st March 2022 for sailings departing prior to 30th April 2023. This means that your booking will qualify for double points!

You do not need to do anything at this time, as your points will be applied to your loyalty account within 14 days of the end of your cruise.

We also know Australians simply can’t wait to get back to enjoying the world class experiences onboard our ships. From catching waves on the FlowRider surf simulator, to battling it out on the indoor dodgems or watching breathtaking shows that come alive with robotic dancing screens at Two70 – our ships are jam-packed with non-stop entertainment.

Our Quantum Class ships will be sailing from both Brisbane and Sydney in 2022-23 offering up adventures in New Zealand, tropical vibes in the South Pacific or fun filled weekend coastal getaways closer to home.

Thank you for your continued support, trust, and patience as we worked through protocols and local government guidance. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard soon.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Hi just wanted to point out that the date you have listed in your title is 2021.  Shouldn’t it be 2022?

30 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm holding off even thinking about Australia until 2025 or beyond.  Here in the North I hope we are done with most protocols in 2023 and 2024 but I suspect Australia will still be knee deep into them in 2023 and 2024.  If we are done with masks up here or example, I'm not about to fly to Australia to put a mask on to cruise.  Hopefully even Australia will be more normal by 2025.

Yeh ,I see where are coming from about holding off on Australia and NZ.

It seems that it’s  the general sentiment of everyone including Australians and kiwis.

It’s going to take a lot to recover our image of a safe and easy going destination .

twangster get ready for a lot of incentives!.

• EmersonNZ changed the title to Asutralia Cruises - Double C&A Points confirmed through 30 April 2023 (if booked by 31 March 2022)
18 hours ago, Chili said:

It’s going to take a lot to recover our image of a safe and easy going destination .

I'm not too sure the safe bit is an issue.... Looking at the per million death rate of COVID in NZ & Aust verese anywhere eelse in the world I'm not sure we can argue it isn't safe day (NZ = 11 deaths per 1M, Aust = 182 per 1M, US = 2,846 per 1M, UK 2,66/ per 1M for example).

I knwo the enquiries we have for internation students wanting to study is through the roof (almost 30x pre COVID enquiries per month) and after quality of educaiton the second biggest reason for applying is saftety. 

Easy to travel is another matter. I'm pretty confident by the end of the year both NZ and Australia will be open to fully vacinated tourists with no quartine and little if any protocles in palce (RAT for things like a cruis where it crosses international borders might be in place and marsk entering into areas with people with vunerabilities like rest homes/hospitals etc seems like a reasonable thign to hand on to for a while etc).

Of course.... as the last 2 years has shown the future is so easy to predict in the past 🙂

• EmersonNZ changed the title to Australia Cruises - Double C&A Points confirmed through 30 April 2023 (if booked by 31 March 2022)
On 2/16/2022 at 1:41 PM, twangster said:

It sure is going to be interesting to see what restrictions they come up with here for the restart in the coming months. 

I've been at a resort in Queensland this week (should have been on Quantum), but masks and social distancing was basically non existent, no one is enforcing the current rules. The experience was not much different than pre-covid.

No doubt cruising will be unfairly targeted though. From your experience in the North do the current protocols there detract from the overall cruise experience a lot?

2 hours ago, mattymay said:

It sure is going to be interesting to see what restrictions they come up with here for the restart in the coming months. 

I've been at a resort in Queensland this week (should have been on Quantum), but masks and social distancing was basically non existent, no one is enforcing the current rules. The experience was not much different than pre-covid.

No doubt cruising will be unfairly targeted though. From your experience in the North do the current protocols there detract from the overall cruise experience a lot?

Life in America right now in many places is nearing pre-CV in terms of masks and other protocols, except cruising where our government is migrating to a new more restrictive set of guidelines for the cruise industry.  Its bonkers yet here we are.  

I can't believe Australia has gone as far as it has shutting down the industry.  I'd love to see the powers that are keeping the industry shuttered wake up and implement a current approach to cruising to reflect where Australia is as a society but I see them tripping over their own feet in a rush to follow the CDC's approach towards cruising.   The CDC assumes everyone is infected until you prove otherwise.  Once you are tested and prove that you are not infected they will allow you to sail but only if you agree to protocols that assume you are infected.  It's very frustrating.  

Here's hoping Australia is smarter than to allow CDC type policies for your restart.