CDC lowers its cruise warning to Level 3

It should be Level 1, but, progress.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/02/15/cdc-lowers-warning-level-covid-19-cruise-ships

"A level 3 warning means cumulative new Covid-19 case counts over the past 14 days are between 1,000 - 2,000, and cumulative new symptomatic Covid-19 case counts over the past 14 days are between 500 - 999."

There have been 1000-2000 cases on cruise ships the last 14 days?  I find that very hard to believe.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

And now level 2, which is the equivalent of less than a 1 in 1000 chance of having a covid case on board. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/03/14/cdc-lowers-travel-warning-against-cruise-ships

Well if they did exit testing this would be a different story.  Pray they don’t bring it back!

6 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

Did they ever do "exit testing"?  I have sailed multiple times since the restart, and have never had a test at the conclusion of my sailing.

We did it in the Bahamas in August., it was a closed loop, begin/end in Bahamas.
It was also a service offered for foreigners who were heading home, but that service was discontinued in January (when Omicron was peaking)...I think because it was costing too much for Royal to put people up when they tested positive AND it was messing with their positivity rate.