BinaxNOW Home Test Question

Gisser

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Each of you needs a separate account

Thanks Matt. Is there a tutorial anywhere? I downloaded the app on my iphone, but I'm a bit confused about doing this on my phone  versus my laptop. Also, is the appointment scheduled immediately or do we have to schedule in advance. It all seemed so easy until I started paying attention LOL. Thanks again.

40 minutes ago, Gisser said:

Thanks Matt. Is there a tutorial anywhere? I downloaded the app on my iphone, but I'm a bit confused about doing this on my phone  versus my laptop. Also, is the appointment scheduled immediately or do we have to schedule in advance. It all seemed so easy until I started paying attention LOL. Thanks again.

The proctor will want to keep the test insight the whole time.  So whatever is the best way to position the camera.   A laptop, phone, tablet is easy to adjust to keep the test in view  I used a desktop computer with a camera, and placed the test on a little stool on the desk in front of the camera.  Whatever works to keep the test in view.  There are some YouTube videos that show how its been done.  

38 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

The proctor will want to keep the test insight the whole time.  So whatever is the best way to position the camera.   A laptop, phone, tablet is easy to adjust to keep the test in view  I used a desktop computer with a camera, and placed the test on a little stool on the desk in front of the camera.  Whatever works to keep the test in view.  There are some YouTube videos that show how its been done.  

This is the nerve wracking part.  I've not yet worked up the nerve to try the at home test!

Search "emed test YouTube" or "navica test YouTube" for videos that show entire process.  

Before recent cruise, I took test first and then helped my wife get through it.  Sometimes a little difficult to understand verbal instructions due to accents, but if you know the process it helps.

I held the phone while my wife did it, and vice versa.  It's fairly straightforward.  

That said, it's all pretty dumb.  You can barely swab your nose and they can't really tell how hard you are swabbing or how high up in your nose you go.  These do it yourself tests are pretty easy to manipulate, if you ask me.  They need to get rid of the testing altogether imo.   

12 hours ago, greenline627 said:

Do you think they will do away with the home test in the coming months?

No one knows what protocols may or may not change in the coming months. It's simply too early to know.

My advice is assume the current protocols will be in place indefinitely until they say something. That way, no disappointment with expectations.

When you set up the app/profiles, does it matter what names the test were ordered under? I was looking at ordering the eMed tests, but it asked to put in up to three names of who the tests would be for. We are hoping to get tests done elsewhere ahead of time and these home tests would only be a backup in case we weren't able to schedule something. As such, there's no way to know which of our family members (party of five) might or might not need to take a home test. 

So, for example, if I buy the tests and list people A, B and C, will that mess us up if, when we reach our testing window, it is people D and E who need to take them? Would they still be able to set up a profile and use those tests? 

Hope that makes sense. 

30 minutes ago, WesKinetic said:

When you set up the app/profiles, does it matter what names the test were ordered under? I was looking at ordering the eMed tests, but it asked to put in up to three names of who the tests would be for.

No, that does not matter. In fact, you are only required to enter one name when ordering as noted by just one red asterisk  for the first person in the names box.

The tests are only registered to the user when the proctor scans the QR code through the camera at the time of testing. Each person will need their own account to take the tests, however. The accounts only need to be set up by each person before they use the test.

image.png.41bc8f4c34ae372f060be8bb9bd2f1b5.png

16 minutes ago, SPS said:

No, that does not matter. In fact, you are only required to enter one name when ordering as noted by just one red asterisk  for the first person in the names box.

The tests are only registered to the user when the proctor scans the QR code through the camera at the time of testing. Each person will need their own account to take the tests, however. The accounts only need to be set up by each person before they use the test.

Perfect, thanks so much!!

The proctored tests are so easy and great for us. I set a laptop up on the dining room table with the camera showing the table surface and person taking the test. When one of us is finished they log out of their Navica app and the next person logs into their Navica app and starts their test. We print out the results and off we go. Except for our first cruise in August we have used the proctored tests for all the others have enough for the next three. We are hoping by the one after that they will drop the testing requirement altogether as it is the biggest stress adder to the cruise today. If not we will purchase more of them and continue on. At least we can get some reimbursement on the tests now through my insurance. Not all the cost but anything back is fine by me.

My husband and I were in your situation about a month ago, we were so worried about doing the test, especially since we would be doing it in a Disney Hotel. Believe me, it was not hard at all. The proctors could not have been nicer and were so patient with us. We did it on an iPhone, and what helped was that we purchased an inexpensive iPhone tripod at $5 below, mounted the phone and did our tests. It also helped to watch several UTube videos first! Good luck!!