FCC sent to TA or me?

cruiserccl

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Sometimes neither.  Many times I've called and learned it was generated weeks ago and no one knew.

It sounds like I need to keep checking. If I booked through TA, will RCCL speak with me about it?

And did I read it incorrectly...does it not show on the RCCL account online?

18 minutes ago, cruiserccl said:

It sounds like I need to keep checking. If I booked through TA, will RCCL speak with me about it?

And did I read it incorrectly...does it not show on the RCCL account online?

The FCC belongs to you, not any TA.  Your TA can try to look it up but will probably have to call Royal about it.

44 minutes ago, cruiserccl said:

Did you get an email from RCCL that you received it, or it was your TA who told you?

I never received an email but my TA told me he got it.  He and his wife were on the same cruise as us (we were vacationing together) so that may have been why.  He was able to apply it to our other cruise.  This was the first time I have every gotten a FCC so I really don't have any other experience to know.

There is also a mystery place they can end up due to an infamous "Royal glitch." I have one booking for a client where we know the FCC's exist yet they do not show applied to the booking. They also are not reflected in "Insight" (travel agent use).  Fortunately, the booking is still far enough out that I can rectify this situation since I do have a copy of the certificate numbers and amounts.

35 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

I never received an email but my TA told me he got it.  He and his wife were on the same cruise as us (we were vacationing together) so that may have been why.  He was able to apply it to our other cruise.  This was the first time I have every gotten a FCC so I really don't have any other experience to know.

This is the first time for me as well. 

Seems like everyone is having different experiences.

31 minutes ago, Hagar said:

There is also a mystery place they can end up due to an infamous "Royal glitch." I have one booking for a client where we know the FCC's exist yet they do not show applied to the booking. They also are not reflected in "Insight" (travel agent use).  Fortunately, the booking is still far enough out that I can rectify this situation since I do have a copy of the certificate numbers and amounts.

Thanks! 

Sounds like I need to follow up on this.