Final payment due date

Ken Edgar

I am 94 days out from our Alaska cruise.  I was prepared to make final payment but now see that the payment time is extended to 30 days before sailing.  

Is there any advantage to going ahead and paying it now?   I guess the advantage to waiting is in case something happens and cruise is cancelled, don't have to wait for refund or deal with possible FCC.  Just wondering if the check in will be delayed until final payment or is that still happening at 45 days out if final payment is still not made?

6 minutes ago, Ken Edgar said:

Just wondering if the check in will be delayed until final payment or is that still happening at 45 days out if final payment is still not made?

Check-in will still be open at 45 days out. There's really no reason to make final payment until it is due.

30 minutes ago, Ken Edgar said:

Is there any advantage to going ahead and paying it now?  

As a general rule, it is not advisable to pay in full early.  For example, repricing a cruise, should there be a fare reduction, is more complicated if the cruise has been paid in full.  As @AshleyDillosaid, there is certainly no advantage to paying it off early.  I often pay everything except a small final payment (e.g., $100) and then pay the final balance closer to final payment date.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:41 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

As a general rule, it is not advisable to pay in full early.  For example, repricing a cruise, should there be a fare reduction, is more complicated if the cruise has been paid in full.  As @AshleyDillosaid, there is certainly no advantage to paying it off early.  I often pay everything except a small final payment (e.g., $100) and then pay the final balance closer to final payment date.

Very true. We are booked on Harmony for this September and have already had a price decrease. Leaving a small final payment is a great idea.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:13 AM, Ken Edgar said:

I am 94 days out from our Alaska cruise.  I was prepared to make final payment but now see that the payment time is extended to 30 days before sailing.  

Is there any advantage to going ahead and paying it now?   I guess the advantage to waiting is in case something happens and cruise is cancelled, don't have to wait for refund or deal with possible FCC.  Just wondering if the check in will be delayed until final payment or is that still happening at 45 days out if final payment is still not made?

Currently what is the latest date of RCC cruises that have the 30 day final payment schedule? 

15 minutes ago, greenline627 said:

Will we be notified of this change from Royal by email or will it show up on our reservation online?

With the extension through May cruises, we received no notification and the only way to see the due date online is by opening up as though you are making a payment.